London conference 2008 - Daytime networking
Thread poster: David Heitler
David Heitler
David Heitler  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:28
German to English
Nov 17, 2008

Is there any chance of some daytime networking?

A close inspection of the attendees' list indicates that there is a large body of translators in my language pair (German to English) at the conference. I am interested in meeting British and American speakers in this pair, as well as people who translate into their native German. I wonder if anyone would like to meet over lunch (or some other time during the day) rather than in the evening?

And here's a question that is
... See more
Is there any chance of some daytime networking?

A close inspection of the attendees' list indicates that there is a large body of translators in my language pair (German to English) at the conference. I am interested in meeting British and American speakers in this pair, as well as people who translate into their native German. I wonder if anyone would like to meet over lunch (or some other time during the day) rather than in the evening?

And here's a question that is niggling me - and it might also throw a little light on whom any of us might like to work with ...

How can we find out, realtively quickly, if colleagues we potentially might want to work with translate in a way that we enjoy, too?

[Edited at 2008-11-18 09:11 GMT]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2010-06-15 19:17 GMT]
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

London conference 2008 - Daytime networking

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »