2009 virtual conference: Photo upload
Thread poster: Drew MacFadyen

Drew MacFadyen
Local time: 10:38
SITE STAFF
Sep 21, 2009

Here is another short document to help you prepare for the Virtual Conference. There will be lots of networking, chats, messaging, opportunities to meet agencies and more.

It is best if other attendees and prospective collaborators can see a picture of you during the event. Attendee's can load a 100 pixel by 100 pixel Gif or Jpeg (max file size 25 KB) so that when chatting or messaging others can see your picture. If you have not loaded an image already, users will be able to do so when the enter the environment the first time by using the settings tab.

http://www.proz.com/file_resoureces/file_resources/other/4ac29df77a2481c5480677eaf345ea21_What to expect at the ProZ Virtual Conference.pdf

Regards,

Drew

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2010-06-03 15:46 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Victor Dewsbery  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:38
German to English
+ ...
I tried at registration Sep 22, 2009

I put my photo into both gif and jpeg format (using IrfanView).
The gif version is 10 KB and 108x94 pixels.
The jpeg is 3 KB and 100x91 pixels.
Both were rejected as incompatible during the registration process.
So I had to use one of the meaningless avatars offered.

Roy OConnor
Local time: 16:38
Member (2009)
German to English
Try a square photo Sep 22, 2009

In reply to Victor´s problem, when I tried just now to upload a square 100x100 pixel .jpg file of about 16.3 kB, it was successful. Maybe the system is choosy about the exact photo format.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Drew MacFadyen[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

2009 virtual conference: Photo upload

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search