2009 virtual conference: A chat area is now available at ProZ.com
Thread poster: Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 19:31
SITE FOUNDER
Sep 30, 2009

A chat area is now available at ProZ.com. This is provided as an alternative to the chat available at Unisfair, which has been difficult for some users to access.

To get to the chat, go to the virtual conferences area, and click on the "Chat" tab. Then select your language of choice.

http://www.proz.com/chat

Disclaimers:
* This is brand new and untested. It is not cle
... See more
A chat area is now available at ProZ.com. This is provided as an alternative to the chat available at Unisfair, which has been difficult for some users to access.

To get to the chat, go to the virtual conferences area, and click on the "Chat" tab. Then select your language of choice.

http://www.proz.com/chat

Disclaimers:
* This is brand new and untested. It is not clear whether this will perform any better than the Unisfair chat.
* Only one person from a given IP can access the chat at any one time.

Update: 2pm EDT - A different server has been selected that should better handle the number of users.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2010-06-03 15:49 GMT]
Collapse

Christina Bergmann
Christina Bergmann
Germany
Local time: 01:31
English to German
+ ...
Super Sep 30, 2009

at first glance it works so much better than the unisfair chat.
Thanks for your quick reaction.
We'll test it extensively

Will this chat stay on ProZ or is it just for today?

Thanks again.

Paola Caretta
Paola Caretta
France
Local time: 01:31
Spanish to French
+ ...
first impossible to chat, now impossible to register at the ProZ conference Sep 30, 2009

Hello,

First of all, I have to say that you guys at ProZ did a great job with this first Conference, I was enjoying it until I wasn't able to log in again. And thank you for opening this new communication channel to share my frustration.

I tried to join one of the chats at ProZ conference earlier today but the experience was rather schyzo and frustrationg since the automatic down scroll that was set up in the chat window didn't allow to read old messages, it kept bounci
... See more
Hello,

First of all, I have to say that you guys at ProZ did a great job with this first Conference, I was enjoying it until I wasn't able to log in again. And thank you for opening this new communication channel to share my frustration.

I tried to join one of the chats at ProZ conference earlier today but the experience was rather schyzo and frustrationg since the automatic down scroll that was set up in the chat window didn't allow to read old messages, it kept bouncing down to the last message!

And now, even more frustrating, I cannot register at the conference website. I just get a blank page.

Is anybody having the same problem? Has anybody got a solution?

What a pity. I was enjoying the live events I attended so far.

Best.

Paola

[Edited at 2009-09-30 18:59 GMT]
Collapse

RominaZ
RominaZ  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Please submit a support request. Sep 30, 2009

Hi Paola,

Please submit a support request to find a prompt solution to the problem you are experiencing.

ProZ.com's support staff will be happy to help you so that you can continue enjoying this incredible event and attend all the presentations.

Thanks
Romina

Anait
Anait  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:31
English to Russian
+ ...
When is it over? Sep 30, 2009

Could you please remind me what time is the conference over today - 5pm CDT, is that correct?

[Edited at 2009-09-30 19:07 GMT]

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Virtual conference ends at 22:00 GMT Sep 30, 2009

Hello Tatiana,

The virtual conference will be over at 22:00 GMT. In the meantime, you are all invited to visit the different halls available and network.

You are also invited to watch a video with closing remarks for this conference from Henry.

Thank you all for your participatio
... See more
Hello Tatiana,

The virtual conference will be over at 22:00 GMT. In the meantime, you are all invited to visit the different halls available and network.

You are also invited to watch a video with closing remarks for this conference from Henry.

Thank you all for your participation.

Regards,

Lucia
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Drew MacFadyen[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

2009 virtual conference: A chat area is now available at ProZ.com

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »