Discussion for Certified PRO Network virtual event (2011)

This discussion belongs to ProZ.com's Virtual Conferences » "Discussion for Certified PRO Network virtual event (2011)".
You can see the ProZ.com's virtual conferences page and participate in this discussion from there.

Anne Louise
United States
Local time: 02:42
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
Joining a translation team Aug 31, 2011

I'm interested in working on a translation team but not sure how to go about joining one.

Direct link Reply with quote

Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 08:42
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
What I would like to gain from this event Sep 7, 2011

More information on exactly how others use the network would be really useful. I have a PRO tag, and I'm very happy to have it, but I don't see where the "network" fits in. Am I missing something? Does everything happen in LinkedIn? I joined, just for access to the ProZ group, but I've regretted it ever since because of the "be my friend" type of spam I receive now.

However, I find internet chat rooms completely indecipherable. Please could we have some sort of structured presentations/discussion?

Niraja Nanjundan  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:12
German to English
@Sheila Sep 7, 2011

Sheila Wilson wrote:
However, I find internet chat rooms completely indecipherable. Please could we have some sort of structured presentations/discussion?

If you look at the CPN virtual event page and click on the "Sessions" tab, you will see that there are, in fact, three structured presentations, three focus groups and a panel discussion planned for the event. The panel discussion is on "Obtaining maximum benefit from the program," which would probably help in answering your other question.

Here is a direct link to the page:

http://www.proz.com/virtual-conferences/293/program

Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 08:42
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
@ Niraja Sep 8, 2011

Thanks very much - I hadn't found that.

Sheila

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Drew MacFadyen[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Discussion for Certified PRO Network virtual event (2011)

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search