Discussion for ProZ.com 2011 site guidance virtual event session (2011): Expanding your translation business

This discussion belongs to ProZ.com's Virtual Conferences » "Discussion for ProZ.com 2011 site guidance virtual event session (2011): Expanding your translation business".
You can see the ProZ.com's virtual conferences page and participate in this discussion from there.

Adeleh Jahedi  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 12:30
English to Farsi (Persian)
+ ...
Why I can't attract clients! Sep 27, 2011

Hi!
I'm a professional translator and I have more than 3 years experience in translation in English and in Persian. Beside my rich work experience that I've mentioned in my CV, I can't attract clients. Would you please help me with some tips and tricks that improve my translation business?

Thanks in advance,
Adeleh Jahedi

Sales Admin

Local time: 06:30
English
Why I can't attract clients! Sep 27, 2011

Adeleh Jahedi wrote:

Hi!
I'm a professional translator and I have more than 3 years experience in translation in English and in Persian. Beside my rich work experience that I've mentioned in my CV, I can't attract clients. Would you please help me with some tips and tricks that improve my translation business?

Thanks in advance,
Adeleh Jahedi

I would suggest submitting this as a question at the top of the page so it can be included during the live Q&A after the presentation is completed.

Regards,

Leslie MacFadyen
ProZ.com site staff

jmtquiroga  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:30
Spanish to English
+ ...
trade show listings Sep 27, 2011

I would like to know more about attending trade shows that have to do with language services.

Adeleh Jahedi  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 12:30
English to Farsi (Persian)
+ ...
To Ms. Leslie MacFadyen Sep 27, 2011

Thanks for your suggestion!!! I submitted it at the the question box!

Rodion Shein  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 13:30
English to Russian
+ ...
Dear colleagues Sep 27, 2011

My apologies for answering only some questions: my page closed and now I cannot re-open the Q&A section. Please re-post your questions here, so that I could answer them.

Thank you for your understanding!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Drew MacFadyen[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Discussion for ProZ.com 2011 site guidance virtual event session (2011): Expanding your translation business

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search