Discussion for ProZ.com 2011 site guidance virtual event session (2011): Expanding your translation business

This discussion belongs to ProZ.com's Virtual Conferences » "Discussion for ProZ.com 2011 site guidance virtual event session (2011): Expanding your translation business".
You can see the ProZ.com's virtual conferences page and participate in this discussion from there.

Adeleh Jahedi  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 15:01
English to Farsi (Persian)
+ ...
Why I can't attract clients! Sep 27, 2011

Hi!
I'm a professional translator and I have more than 3 years experience in translation in English and in Persian. Beside my rich work experience that I've mentioned in my CV, I can't attract clients. Would you please help me with some tips and tricks that improve my translation business?

Thanks in advance,
Adeleh Jahedi

Direct link Reply with quote

Sales Admin

Local time: 09:01
English
Why I can't attract clients! Sep 27, 2011

Adeleh Jahedi wrote:

Hi!
I'm a professional translator and I have more than 3 years experience in translation in English and in Persian. Beside my rich work experience that I've mentioned in my CV, I can't attract clients. Would you please help me with some tips and tricks that improve my translation business?

Thanks in advance,
Adeleh Jahedi

I would suggest submitting this as a question at the top of the page so it can be included during the live Q&A after the presentation is completed.

Regards,

Leslie MacFadyen
ProZ.com site staff

jmtquiroga  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:01
Member (2008)
Spanish to English
+ ...
trade show listings Sep 27, 2011

I would like to know more about attending trade shows that have to do with language services.

Adeleh Jahedi  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 15:01
English to Farsi (Persian)
+ ...
To Ms. Leslie MacFadyen Sep 27, 2011

Thanks for your suggestion!!! I submitted it at the the question box!

Rodion Shein  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 17:01
English to Russian
+ ...
Dear colleagues Sep 27, 2011

My apologies for answering only some questions: my page closed and now I cannot re-open the Q&A section. Please re-post your questions here, so that I could answer them.

Thank you for your understanding!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Drew MacFadyen[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Discussion for ProZ.com 2011 site guidance virtual event session (2011): Expanding your translation business

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search