Discussion for ProZ.com 2011 site guidance virtual event session (2011): Getting started in translation

This discussion belongs to ProZ.com's Virtual Conferences » "Discussion for ProZ.com 2011 site guidance virtual event session (2011): Getting started in translation".
You can see the ProZ.com's virtual conferences page and participate in this discussion from there.

Valeria Lattanzi  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:15
English to Italian
+ ...
Bad sound of the presentation Sep 28, 2011

Impossibile to hear and follow.

Direct link Reply with quote

Maya Gorgoshidze  Identity Verified
Georgia
Local time: 07:15
Member (2004)
English to Georgian
+ ...

Dear Valeria, Sep 28, 2011

Sorry, maybe this was a problem from my side. In QA Session I mainly heard noise and it echoed even when I spoke so that in the beginning I thought I was not me and I wanted to listen. I am really sorry for the technical problem caused solely from my side. Please feel free to ask any questions here. I will be happy to reply.

Kind regards,
Maya

Drew MacFadyen
SITE STAFF
All presentations pre-recorded, Q&A is live Sep 28, 2011

Valeria, sorry to hear you were having difficulty. All the sessions and video streams have been pre-recorded, and audio and video checked for quality. That is, if you experienced audio difficulty during the session recording, it was due to bandwidth on your end. Typically these video streams require a high bandwidth connection to stream properly. For that reason, this year, we are also providing low bandwidth mirror streaming sites. Just beneath all video players is a bit of text and instruction on how to access the low bandwidth mirror site.

Now, with the live Q&A we do not have the opportunity to broadcast in low and high bandwidth. We do our best with the live Q&A, however there are some in low bandwidth locations where it may not be possible to listen properly. The entire session recording, including Q&A are available on the same session page. This recording can be played at anytime and allows the listener to pause the playback to account for buffering to the video and ensure a smooth, accurate playback without audio or video issues.

Regards,

Drew

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Drew MacFadyen[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Discussion for ProZ.com 2011 site guidance virtual event session (2011): Getting started in translation

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search