Discussion for ProZ.com's 2011 freelance translator virtual conference session (2011): ProZ.com presents - State of the industry: freelance translators in 2011

Moreechika
Bangladesh
Local time: 06:02
Member (2009)
English to Bengali
+ ...
Exploring opportunities... Sep 30, 2011

Hi Jared,

I have a number of questions. They are as follows:

1. Is it possible and practicable for overseas freelancers to proactively : (a) identify/discover existing & potential (in my language combination, which is a niche one), and (b) reach -- local end-consumers (especially institutional) directly in western european (esp. UK), middle eastern and north american countries without the help of local agencies in those countries and compete for jobs ? If it is possible, what would be the best and most efficient way of doing this ?

2. What would be the best and most efficient way of doing all of the above in case of agencies in those countries and becoming their first choice in my language combination, considering they have the option to shop elsewhere ?

Thanks

Arif (Moreechika)

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: blank post.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Drew MacFadyen[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Discussion for ProZ.com's 2011 freelance translator virtual conference session (2011): ProZ.com presents - State of the industry: freelance translators in 2011

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search