Discussion for Second 2013 virtual powwow for members of the Certified PRO Network session (2013): Ongoing education as a condition for maintaining the "Certified PRO" status

Andre Ferreira  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 22:35
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Flexible payments: Swapping, Bartering your services for services/products? Jul 10, 2013

Hi there people, I've been looking for a way to avoid the need to use translation agencies as intermediaries and work directly with companies in need of translation services. I highly prefer that.

With this in mind, my thought is not only to provide an alternative payment method, but more to stimulate new partnerships and attract new clients in a creative win-win way. I've been thinking on the viability.

Let's imagine a very hypothetical (and probably improbable client): an airline company. They need translation services for their website and could offer you in exchange for your services, flight tickets on similar (or higher) values.
I would like to know if anyone had a similar experience.
Best to all!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Drew MacFadyen[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Discussion for Second 2013 virtual powwow for members of the Certified PRO Network session (2013): Ongoing education as a condition for maintaining the "Certified PRO" status

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search