https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcoms_virtual_conferences/254093-discussion_for_networking_event_for_poetry_literature_translators_session_2013_post_event_recap.html

Discussion for Networking event for Poetry & Literature translators session (2013): Post event recap

This discussion belongs to ProZ.com's Virtual Conferences » "Discussion for Networking event for Poetry & Literature translators session (2013): Post event recap".
You can see the ProZ.com's virtual conferences page and participate in this discussion from there.

Juliana Mraz (X)
Juliana Mraz (X)
Germany
Local time: 17:05
Slovak to German
+ ...
lucky or not Aug 7, 2013

I could not acces more than one topic discussion, it was inpossible, but I already managed to find an author

Anna Herbst
Anna Herbst  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 01:05
English to Swedish
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
No luck at all... Aug 8, 2013

I tried for over an hour, but was unable to access any of the sessions. Australia is not very advanced when it comes to internet connections, particularly if you live outside the major inner city areas. I am about an hour away from the Melbourne CBD and can only get the first generation ADSL which is not always enough for more sophisticated internet usage such as last nights networking event. Very annoying.

Hope those of you more fortunate had a fruitful session.

Cheers
... See more
I tried for over an hour, but was unable to access any of the sessions. Australia is not very advanced when it comes to internet connections, particularly if you live outside the major inner city areas. I am about an hour away from the Melbourne CBD and can only get the first generation ADSL which is not always enough for more sophisticated internet usage such as last nights networking event. Very annoying.

Hope those of you more fortunate had a fruitful session.

Cheers from Down-under,
Anna
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Drew MacFadyen[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Discussion for Networking event for Poetry & Literature translators session (2013): Post event recap

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »