Discussion for Marketing & Recruitment day session (2016): How to Sell More: Effective Sales Strategies for Translators and Interpreters

This discussion belongs to ProZ.com's Virtual Conferences » "Discussion for Marketing & Recruitment day session (2016): How to Sell More: Effective Sales Strategies for Translators and Interpreters".
You can see the ProZ.com's virtual conferences page and participate in this discussion from there.

Natalia Farina
Italy
Local time: 09:19
English to Spanish
+ ...
Great presentation! Sep 28, 2016

Thank you very much, Paul! It's really useful!

traductorjy
Peru
Local time: 02:19
English to Spanish
Very experienced translator and good communicator Sep 28, 2016

Thanks so much for your disposition to teach the secrets of the succes!

Lorena Ibacache
Chile
Local time: 04:19
Member (Apr 2018)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thank yOU, Paul! Sep 29, 2016

For all the tips and for share your own personal experience! Great sound and video quality too!

Vadim Kadyrov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 10:19
Member (2011)
English to Russian
+ ...
It was a kind of revelation Sep 29, 2016

that Google Ads was a powerful tool for promoting Paul`s translation business. For me it wasn`t. What I got actually was a lot of spam being sent to my e-mail up to this day. I am strongly convinced now that Google Ads is much better for more commoditized services or products, or services/products that are unique in terms of either location, offer, or sophistication, etc. (so-called "Blue Ocean" products or services). One of the reasons for this can be the fact that you can`t insert much info into this Procrustean bed of symbols imposed by Google Ads. It may be OK for wheat, or oil, or for a translation company with no competitors within 100 square miles.

Anyway, the video is quite good. It is rather inspiring, really. You sometimes need a push like this to freshen you strategy.

[Edited at 2016-09-29 15:29 GMT]

Drew MacFadyen
SITE STAFF
Google AdWords....moving target Sep 29, 2016

Vadim - I have found AdWords can likewise range widely in terms of their success. A lot is related to the factors you indicate - location, competition etc. But Ive found that, to get adwords working well for you...takes a lot of time/effort/work. Investigating key words competitiveness, setting floors/ceilings properly, using not only key words but negative words and more to really dial in your target audience. This, lamentably, doesn't come free. I have often started campaigns with as little as $10 a day to make sure it is "working" and dialed in properly...then ramp up accordingly....but one could "waste" a few hundred dollars trying to figure it all out.

Drew

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Drew MacFadyen[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Discussion for Marketing & Recruitment day session (2016): How to Sell More: Effective Sales Strategies for Translators and Interpreters

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search