Thread poster: Andrei Albu
| | Andrei Albu
Local time: 06:57
English to Romanian
Project financed under Phare Ministry of
Administration and Interior
Job Description (2 jobs)
Assistants/translators for the Resident Twinning Adviser
Twinning project between Romania and Denmark, financed by the European Union through
Phare programme: RO04/IB/OT/02 - Strengthening financial autonomy of local authorities through
continuation of fiscal and financial decentralization.
1. The Framework for the Jobs
Job title: Assistants/translators for the Resident Twinning Adviser (RTA)
Place of work: Ministry of Administration and Interior (MAI)
Contractual nature of the jobs: Independent consultants hired on the basis of the standard Phare
contract for services. The contracts will have duration of 24 months, starting from the date of the
signature of the twinning contract (expected late November/ early December).
Status of the position: Assistants/translators to the Resident Twinning Adviser.
2. Content of the Jobs
Overall purpose: To support the Resident Twinning Advisor (RTA) in the implementation of the
Twinning Covenant to effective delivery of the activities and to ensure good communications and coordination
between the Twinning Partners.
- Administrative support to the RTA and general office management tasks
- Preparation and delivery of Covenant Activities including training sessions,
Conferences, Short Term Expert (STE) missions, internships and study tours in other Member States
- Provide logistics support at training sessions, workshops, seminars and conferences
- Assisting the preparation of quarterly reports and record keeping
- Liaison with stakeholders, including beneficiaries
- Interpretation and translation support to the RTAs and STEs as required.
- Other duties and ad hoc administrative support to the RTA in Romania including advice and
guidance on local issues.
Formal Education: Education in public administration, law, or other relevant fields; minimum Master
- Romanian (mother-tongue) and excellent English essential.
- Attestation in French and/or German would be an asset;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent team player and innate diplomacy.
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Access, Excel, Power Point)
- Experience with database design and management desirable
- Highly motivated, organized, results oriented with planning ability.
- Knowledge and experience in the Romanian Public Administration
- Experience in international projects
- Clean driving license and local knowledge.
4. Application Procedure
Applications should include a motivation letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae (EU model). Applications
should be sent no later than 30 November 2005 at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be held early December in Bucharest. A special interview group is responsible for the
Please note that candidates who have had contractual relations with the Ministry of Administration and
Interior within the last 6 months can not be considered for this position according to the rules.
For information related to other programmes funded by the European Union in Romania, as well as for
detailed information about Romania’s accession to the European Union, you are invited to visit the
web site of The Information Centre of the European Commission in Romania,
| || || |
To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:
You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »