Raport powwow Cluj
Thread poster: Cristiana Coblis
| | Cristiana Coblis
Local time: 01:34
English to Romanian
Se pare ca dureaza cam mult incarcarea raportului de la powwow Cluj pe site, de accea, pentru cei interesati, reproduc mai jos raportul meu si lista celor care au participat.
The powwow in Cluj-Napoca, held on the 2nd of November 2002 brought together 8 Romanian translators. The agenda of the meeting included the following topics:
* Presentation of ARTT (Asociatia Romana a Tinerilor Traducatori) and the two affiliated fora: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tineritraducatori/join?check_sub=1
and the list for ARTT members only (Ciprian Dumea)
* Trados and Translation Memories (Emanuel Bod)
* Deontological code and international affiliation (Veronica Durbaca)
Other subjects and decisions reached at the meeting:
* the benefits of becoming a member in a strong standard setting Translators Association
* setting a common quality standard and criteria (price calculation criteria included) for all Romanian Translators
* facilitating the access of new members in ARTT through its 24 local branches
* compiling a searchable database of translators members of ARTT for public reference
* further involvement of ARTT in representing and defending translator’s interests
* marketing campaigns necessary to gain larger support from translators nationwide as well as public and state institutions
* cooperation of ARTT with publishers and companies and institutions
* issues of great concern for authorized translators working with notaries public and the drawbacks of this work process
* legal status and laws governing the profession of translator in Romania
* issues of interest for Romanian translation companies
* the process of translating the acquis communautaire
* quality assurance processes by freelance translators and translation companies
* the importance of international affiliation
All in all, topics of great interest for the Romanian translation community were discussed here and we look forward to a new translators’ reunion where we can pick up the open points.
I think we have successfully reached our objectives in this reunion and all translators that have joined the meeting have learnt a lot from each other.
See you all at the next powwow in Romania!
Florin Zori (asco)
Andrei P. Corescu
Daca aveti observatii, completari sau sugestii, sau daca doriti sa primiti pe mail cateva dintre materialele prezentate la powwow, va raman cu placere la dispozitie.
| || |
| | Raluca Ion
Local time: 23:34
English to Romanian
Suna foarte frumos si profi, asteptam si raportul neoficial cu poze >
To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:
You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »