Off topic: Chat in romanian language
Thread poster: Daniele Martoglio

Daniele Martoglio  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:38
Polish to Italian
+ ...
Jan 18, 2007

Excuse me if I write in english, but i don't speak romanian.. I would like to know the adresses of chat in romanian language.

I'm italian, i live in Poland, and a part of my self-learning of polish was with IRC and chat, when I lived in Italy...

I'm interested about Romania, so I would like to try this way to have contact with romanian language beeing in Poland...

Thank you for information.

Daniele

------------ note added many hours later -----------------

Until now more than 100 people readed my post, and NONE answered. There are some possibilities:

1) In Romania there are no chat. I't forbidden to know NEW people across internet. You heve permission to talk just with "know" people. So say mother to every romanian child. So Proz it's very popular, because it's a place where romanian people can talk toghther.

2) The romanian members of Proz NEVER use chat. Chat exist but in romanian culture just outsider, people of very-bottom of society use it.

3) The romanian members of Proz try to convince me (and the other members) that they DON'T use chat.

4) The romanian members of Proz are afraid that this "dangerous italian" will pick up innocent romanian girls in chat, so they make a "conspiracy of silence" to defend them

5) Olny monkey write in English in romanian forum, and Romanian people don't like to speak with monkeys

6) I began to have serious difficulties with my fantasy to find one other reason..

[Edited at 2007-01-19 15:10]

Direct link Reply with quote

Mihaela Petrican  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 17:38
Member (2005)
English to Romanian
+ ...
:) Jan 19, 2007

Ciao, Daniele! personalmente, mi posso situare al punto 3
...ma non voglio convincerti...
Auguri per la tua decisione di imparare romeno in questo modo! (abbastanza insolito, ma se sei riuscito di imparare polacco così, il romeno dovrebbe sembrarti appena un dialetto italiano)

Un sito dove puoi trovare quello che cerchi (oltre il vantaggio che si "parla" anche italiano) è http://www.romania-italia.info/default.asp

Valentin Alupoaie  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 18:38
English to Romanian
+ ...
7) Jan 19, 2007

For the Romanian users of ProZ.com, it stands to reason that IRC is not the most fortunate choice for learning Romanian, cuz more ofn than not, pipl tend to write with no diacritical marks, uze bizzare spelling and allkindasloppystuff and, consequently, they (the ProZ users) silently connive in order to protect you from learning a corrupted Romanian language.

BTW, Romanians like to speak to all living things, even to their plants; that of course, after a certain age, when they've gotten past the motherly interdiction of not talking to strangers. I had a hamster once and I was always delighted to converse with it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucica Abil[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Chat in romanian language

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search