starting a liberal activity in Romania
Thread poster: bart707
bart707
bart707
French to English
Nov 23, 2007

Hi for all romanian members of this forum,

Firstly, sorry to use english language here.

I know this forum is not the most appropriate, but I think some of you will be able to answer me.
I have difficulties to find this information.

In fact, I am belgium and I am looking for informations about starting a liberal activity in Romania. I clarify that I will work with french or belgium people.
My questions are :

What are the procedure
... See more
Hi for all romanian members of this forum,

Firstly, sorry to use english language here.

I know this forum is not the most appropriate, but I think some of you will be able to answer me.
I have difficulties to find this information.

In fact, I am belgium and I am looking for informations about starting a liberal activity in Romania. I clarify that I will work with french or belgium people.
My questions are :

What are the procedures or authorisations to do ?
Is it possible to work at home ( a flat I will rent in a bloc for an example) ?
What are the taxes and fiscality ? I know the 16% rate tax for income and 19 % VAT, but nothing else ?
What about Social Security and retirement system and insurance ?

Thanks for your help ?

[Titlu editat de un membru al personalului sau de un moderator 2007-11-23 21:48]
Collapse

Elvira Daraban
Elvira Daraban  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:27
French to Romanian
+ ...
some details Nov 26, 2007

You've got the right informations about the income tax and the VAT (however, you don't have to pay VAT if your turnover is under a certain amount, as it will most probably be right after you start your activity). I do not know how you should get the right to work in Romania and how to get your authorisation, but maybe others may help with that.

As for the place of business, you can use your home address, if you have a rent contract, registered with the fiscal administration (that's
... See more
You've got the right informations about the income tax and the VAT (however, you don't have to pay VAT if your turnover is under a certain amount, as it will most probably be right after you start your activity). I do not know how you should get the right to work in Romania and how to get your authorisation, but maybe others may help with that.

As for the place of business, you can use your home address, if you have a rent contract, registered with the fiscal administration (that's the landlord's job). You can conclude a special contract (for freelancers) with the social security autohirities and after you've got that, you can sign for a retirement plan.

Good luck.
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

starting a liberal activity in Romania

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »