Sandrine Zérouali  Identity Verified
Algeria
Local time: 08:17
Member (2008)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Nov 21, 2009

Good Morning,

I received last week an email from a new customer (translation RU-FR). He propose me to pay me with Western Union! Is it really a common a payment methods in Russia? By the way, I required an official PO and he seems not to understand what is Register number or VAT number? He suggested me to do a purchase order in the personal name of his boss with his fiscal number ("ИНН" in Russian)? It seems to me strange...

Direct link Reply with quote

Oleg Osipov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 10:17
English to Russian
+ ...
Yes... Nov 21, 2009

Sandrine Zérouali wrote:

...Western Union! Is it really a common a payment methods in Russia?

I am not aware whether it is common or not, but it is one of many.
You could agree on the payment method you prefer.

KR

Oleg

Alexander Shchekotin  Identity Verified
English to Russian
+ ...
Market conditions differ Nov 21, 2009

PayPal and Moneybookers are not as common in Russia. There are more choices besides WU as well.
Register number is INN. VAT numbers are not used in Russia. Moreover, the company may not have VAT registration at all (the same like in the EU, no VAT liability).

Good luck!

Alex
http://www.a-script.eu

P.S. Why do you REQUIRE an official PO? Issue your own SO instead. If you have doubts require prepayment instead.

Sandrine Zérouali  Identity Verified
Algeria
Local time: 08:17
Member (2008)
Spanish to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for your answer Nov 21, 2009

Good evening,

I understand that PP and MB are not so common in Russia but I as thinking about bank transfer. And when the customer propose to me to pay by WU, I found it anusual!!! By the way, concerning the INN number, he said, if it doesn't bother me if it is the personal INN of his boss??? Why? The company does not have an INN?

Moreover, I decided to require an official PO because it is a new customer and to avoid a bad surprise, then (e.g no payment or something else). In the document, I have all the essential informations (header (name and adress of the society, INN number, firm etc), thing is not in an email.

Nikolai Muraviev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
English to Russian
+ ...
My opinion... Nov 23, 2009

Sandrine Zérouali wrote:
...the personal INN of his boss??? Why? The company does not have an INN?

The company should have INN, but, perhaps, it cannot perform commercial operations with foreign partners. In this case, they can pay you from their private account.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Working with a new client (russian)

Advanced search

Translation news in Russian Federation

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search