Thread poster: David Wallace

David Wallace  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:29
Member (2003)
Russian to English
+ ...
Jan 19, 2004

Help! On this and several other sites, I can read SOME Russian text, but not all. For example, when I check out the KUDOS questions, the Russian text is always gibberish. Also, if I try to enter an answer in Russian (even with Russian selected and the Russian flag displayed in the top toolbar), it types gibberish. This, despite the fact that I have VIEW-CHARACTER SET-Cyrillic (Windows), -Cyrillic (Mac), -Cyrillic (ISO 8859-5), or -Cyrillic (KOI8-R) selected. None of these problems on my PC, just on the Mac. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 23:29
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Dear David, Jan 19, 2004

I am afraid you are not lonely: please check this thread and the links therein, maybe you'll find a proper solution

http://www.proz.com/topic/14705

[Edited at 2004-01-20 01:56]

David Wallace  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:29
Member (2003)
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! This is a miracle! Jan 19, 2004

Thank you so much! I have spent several days struggling with the (in-)ability to see Cyrillic text on the Mac. This link, which your link sent me to, worked like a charm:

http://www.apple.ru/support/cyrillic/explorer.html

I really appreciate the help!

David

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Russian Encoding and/or Fonts for Macintosh OS X

Advanced search

Translation news in Russian Federation

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search