passed and satisfactory gardes in russia
Thread poster: shady-abbas
Jan 25, 2011

i need to get a paper that certifies the words in Russian grading university systems ( excellent - good- satisfactory - passed ) in percentages which means the grades in percentages as in world wide system

Direct link Reply with quote

Mikhail Kropotov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 22:55
Member (2005)
English to Russian
+ ...
Not a percentage scale Jan 25, 2011

Hi,

The standard Russian grading scale is NOT a percentage scale.

The grades go from 2 to 5, with 2 being the lowest and 5 being the highest. There is one grade below 2 (1) but it is for all intents and purposes equivalent to 2.

5 - Excellent
4 - Good
3 - Satisfactory
2 - Unsatisfactory

Hope this helps!

Nikolai Muraviev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
English to Russian
+ ...
Или Jan 25, 2011

shady-abbas wrote:

i need to get a paper that certifies the words in Russian grading university systems ( excellent - good- satisfactory - passed ) in percentages which means the grades in percentages as in world wide system

excellent - отлично
good- хорошо
satisfactory - удовлетворительно
passed - (нет такой градации, есть неудовлетворительно, not satisfactory)

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: Emply post
Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: Original post is removed.

ingeniero  Identity Verified
Ukraine
English to Russian
+ ...
Возможно, Jan 25, 2011

Nikolai Muraviev wrote:

под "passed" имеется в виду "зачёт"? ИМО, "passed" ~ "зачёт", да и в дипломах "зачёт" указывается наряду с обычными оценками.

shady-abbas
TOPIC STARTER
Russian grades in percentages Jan 26, 2011

I really knew that , and thanks for all who shared me with his knowledge . But ,in my transcript the translated as follows ::
3- satisfactory - odevetelna
4- good - khorosho
5- excellent- otletsheno

The word ( zachot ) in English maybe translated as ( passed - fair - credit ) , in my transcript is
( zachot + passed )
I already completed my study in Russia but in my country Egypt , they asked me for a paper that contains the equals of russian grades in Percentage , for example ::
satisfactory - 50% : 65 %
good - 70% : 80%
excellent - 80%: 90% and considering the word passed has no meaning in other countries. So,
My question , where can i get that official paper ? and i asked in my university , but , they donot have such a paper .
Or, Can i get a paper that certifies that the word (Satisfactory = passed ) because they canot understand the word passed as they donot have such educational system as in Russia ?

Nikolai Muraviev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
English to Russian
+ ...
Нет экзаменационной оценки "зачет" Jan 26, 2011

ingeniero wrote:

Nikolai Muraviev wrote:

под "passed" имеется в виду "зачёт"? ИМО, "passed" ~ "зачёт", да и в дипломах "зачёт" указывается наряду с обычными оценками.

Оценки - это 5 (отлично), 4 (хорошо), 3 (удовлетворительно), неуд. Неуд обычно в зачетку не ставят, дают возможность пересдать (ну это лирика).

В дипломе "зачетом" указываются те дисциплины, по которым не было экзамена, а был лишь зачет.

ingeniero  Identity Verified
Ukraine
English to Russian
+ ...
Насколько я понимаю, Jan 26, 2011

Nikolai Muraviev wrote:
Нет экзаменационной оценки "зачет"

вопрос возник не столько по экзаменационным оценкам, сколько по записям в дипломе, где и встречаются оценки 3-5 и "зачет".

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

passed and satisfactory gardes in russia

Advanced search

Translation news in Russian Federation

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search