Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Сколько стоит письменный перевод в Лондоне?
Thread poster: Valery Afanasiev

Valery Afanasiev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 03:35
English to Russian
+ ...
Oct 29, 2004

Подскажите, пожалуйста, сколько может стоить в Лондоне перевод технического текста с русского языка на английский. Из расчета за 1 страницу или за 1 слово. При условии обращения в переводческую компанию, либо к частному переводчику, с нормальными рекомендациями.

Спасибо за ответы

Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:35
Member (2000)
Russian to English
+ ...
Последние известия Oct 29, 2004

Только что (несколько минут назад) получил сведения от (довольно большого) агентства HLL

Требует от клиента (фунтов за 1000 слов)
Standard 107.00; Secure 126.00; Patent 134.00; Minimum 50.00

Платит переводчикам:
Standard 63.13; Secure 74.34; Patents 79.06; Minimum 29.50

Мне не ясно, что означает "Secure".

От меня лично (но к сожалению, я не в состоянии работать в настоящее время - сломал левую руку):

Все категории: 65.00; минимум 20.00.

Vladimir Dubisskiy  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:35
Member (2001)
English to Russian
+ ...
Jack the Broken Hand Oct 29, 2004

Jack Doughty wrote:

От меня лично (но к сожалению, я не в состоянии работать в настоящее время - сломал левую руку):

Все категории: 65.00; минимум 20.00.

Jack, I am sorry!
How you did that - damaged the main instrument... (and i bet you did not insure it..)icon_smile.gif).

Hope you will be well soon and happy Halloween!

Vladimir
Vancouver

Alexander Demyanov
Local time: 20:35
English
+ ...
До свадьбы заживет Oct 29, 2004

Jack, примите мои искренние соболезнования.

Надеюсь, травма получена в процессе чего-нибудь увлекательного (поло?)

United Kingdom
Member (2000)
Russian to English
+ ...
Thanks for your concern Oct 30, 2004

Thank you, Vladimir and Alexander. Not quite so entertaining as Alexander suggests. I tripped over a kerb (curb) and fell heavily on my left side. Fracture of the head of the humerus (I won't bother to look up the Russian for that). Fortunately I am right-handed or I would not be writing this.
It was ironic, really. For my birthday (last July), my daughter paid for me to take a flight in a Tiger Moth (which, as you may know, is a pre-war two-seater open-cockpit biplane) from an airfield near where she lives, so we had gone there for the weekend. It was a very windy day and the flight was cancelled, so we went to the town of Saffron Walden instead.
As it turned out, I would probably have been safer flying in a Tiger Moth in a gale than I was on the streets of Saffron Walden!
It's a simple fracture and should mend in a few weeks, but though I can manage a bit of typing, I don't feel up to working at present.

[Edited at 2004-10-30 05:33]

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason:

ttagir  Identity Verified
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...
We all wish you fast and complete recovery! Oct 30, 2004

Was quite upset to know that you'd broken (a part of) your (hand/arm/shoulder/clavicle? - I do not know exactly... therefore) extremity. A propos, there are several types of software allowing you to type by voice:).
As they say in Portuguese - "ra'pidas melhores"!
Yours,
T.
PS. I read your post again and cvan say this is "головка плечевой кости". So, they should have applied a kind of fixation. The only advice I could give (without pretending to be heard though:)) is that some oriental people use to take "мумие" in such circumstances. Should be taken with plenty milk. It is a strong biological stimulator helping bones to join again and to heal bone fractures. However, that ability to help to grow has some other sides and consequences...:) Take care and recover easily!
T.

[Edited at 2004-10-30 10:22]

United Kingdom
Member (2000)
Russian to English
+ ...
Thank you all; apology to Valery. Oct 30, 2004

Thank you all for your kind remarks.

I feel I should also apologise to Valery for inadvertently hijacking his topic! I hope someone else will be able to add to the information I gave him.

I was confused at first by Dr. Tagir saying that the humerus is плечевая кость, because in my dictionaries it says that this is the collar bone. But I have since confirmed that he is right and the dictionaries are wrong. Collar bone is ключица.

Best wishes,

Джек.

Russian Federation
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Jack, thanks for your contribution Oct 30, 2004

Jack Doughty wrote:
I feel I should also apologise to Valery for inadvertently hijacking his topic!

It's OK, Jack and thanx for your contribution and experience. What I'm really surprusied with is a huge variance between what they (translation companies) charge and what they pay to translators. Also in any case I am also quite surprised with the fact that the rates in London are in some cases lower than those in Moscow. I am seriously thinking about suggesting to my bosses in London to look for some translation guys up there rather than sending Rus->Eng translation requests to our Moscow office.

Have a nice day then and
Take care,
Valery

Konstantin Kisin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2004)
Russian to English
+ ...
7-10 pence per word Oct 30, 2004

That is my experience, up north it's a little less.

Vladimir Dubisskiy  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:35
Member (2001)
English to Russian
+ ...
it's per word - not per page :-))) Nov 1, 2004

Valery, hi,
Are you saying that in Moscow the rates are higher than 60 - 70 pounds per 1000 words? - wow and wow (and wow) if it is so.

Valery Afanasiev wrote:

Also in any case I am also quite surprised with the fact that the rates in London are in some cases lower than those in Moscow.

[Edited at 2004-11-01 01:35]

Russian Federation
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Вопрос не прост, но тем не менее... Nov 1, 2004

Vladimir Dubisskiy wrote:

Valery, hi,
Are you saying that in Moscow the rates are higher than 60 - 70 pounds per 1000 words? - wow and wow (and wow) if it is so.

Valery Afanasiev wrote:

Also in any case I am also quite surprised with the fact that the rates in London are in some cases lower than those in Moscow.

[Edited at 2004-11-01 01:35]

Ну, как я написал выше, это лишь в некоторых случаях. Тем не менее, обратившись по просьбе нашего лондонского офиса в ряд московских переводческих компаний, я получил от них предложение выполнить перевод по цене US$ 20-22 за одну условную страницу (таковой в России традиционно считается объем = 1800 знаков, включая пробелы). Пересчет в "английскую систему" подсчета объема (1000 слов) дает примерно такую арифметику: на одной странице - примерно 250 слов. 1000 слов = 4 условных страницы. Итого за перевод объема в 1000 слов в Москве просят 80 долларов, что равно примерно 53 английским фунтам. Это, конечно не 60-70, но все равно очень, очень дорого.

Я не беру маргинальные случаи, когда некоторые переводчики или переводческие агентства выражают готовность выполнять переводы по 5-6 долларов/страница, качество таких переводов меня заведомо не удовлетворяет.

Меня крайне удивил тот факт, что за каких-нибудь полгода цены на перевод в Москве подпрыгнули с 12-15 долларов/стр. до $20 и если не сравнялись, то вплотную подошли к расценкам в Великобритании.

В таких условиях мне (а я работаю переводчиком-координатором в крупной международной компании) придется весьма избирательно подходить к выбору подрядчиков. И если раньше я в кошмарном сне не мог представить, что буду направлять заказы на переводы с русского на английский из Москвы в Лондон, то теперь в ряде случаев такая идея уже не кажется фантастической.

Впрочем, вопрос, конечно, потребует дополнительного изучения. Но уже есть, над чем подумать. Всем большое спасибо за дискуссию.

assia
Russian to English
+ ...
Просто совет Nov 1, 2004

Valery Afanasiev wrote:

Меня крайне удивил тот факт, что за каких-нибудь полгода цены на перевод в Москве подпрыгнули с 12-15 долларов/стр. до $20 и если не сравнялись, то вплотную подошли к расценкам в Великобритании.

Вы могли бы обратить внимание и на регионы. Цены на перевод за пределами Москвы ниже в разы, если не на порядок, и маргиналы здесь ни при чем.

Russian Federation
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
регионы Nov 1, 2004

assia wrote:

Вы могли бы обратить внимание и на регионы. Цены на перевод за пределами Москвы ниже в разы, если не на порядок, и маргиналы здесь ни при чем.

Да, я знаю. Но работать с переводчиками в регионах я не могу по техническим причинам - мне необходимо физическое присутствие переводчика (или компании) в Москве. Или в Лондоне.

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Сколько стоит письменный перевод в Лондоне?

Advanced search

Translation news in Russian Federation

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search