Thread poster: Svetlana Tolstova

Svetlana Tolstova
Russian Federation
Local time: 09:33
English to Russian
+ ...
Oct 12, 2005

Всем привет!
Последние пару дней провела в поисках курсов дистанционного обучения для переводчиков, всё безрезультатно. Я профессиональный переводчик с опытом работы, просто появилось время и возможность расширить горизонты. Например, Нью-Йоркский Университет предлагает узко-специализированные онлайновые курсы для переводчиков, но, к сожалению, пары "английский-русский" там нет.
Может кто знает о подобных курсах, поделитесь информацией? Заранее спасибо.

Direct link Reply with quote

Vladimir Dubisskiy  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:33
English to Russian
+ ...
i doubt it, unless Oct 12, 2005

Svetlana,
If you're a профессиональный переводчик с опытом работы i strongly foubt that you can расширить горизонты doing any course online. Unless you mean to расширить горизонты for smb. else i.e. you mean doing instruction with such a course)
Sorry for 'clipping' - lack Cyrillic at the moment.

Svetlana Tolstova wrote:

Я профессиональный переводчик с опытом работы, просто появилось время и возможность расширить горизонты.

Svetlana Tolstova
Russian Federation
Local time: 09:33
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Can't agree with you, Vladimir Oct 13, 2005

Sorry, I have to respond in English.

I believe learning is a continuous process. Postgraduate courses and master/doctor degrees are there for a reason, don't you think? And, there are always fields of translation that we are less familiar with. Say, I'm proficient in mining terminology and will do well at a mining conference but if it came to court interpreting I would need training. The bottomline is there is always something to learn.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Online or distance-learning education

Advanced search

Translation news in Russian Federation

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search