Online classes
Thread poster: Maria Knorr
Maria Knorr
Maria Knorr
Local time: 12:25
English
+ ...
Aug 31, 2002

I would like to take an online or correspondence translation class (Ru to En and/or En to Ru). Can someone recommend something?

Thanks

Palmyra
Palmyra  Identity Verified
United States
English to Russian
+ ...
New York University Aug 31, 2002

I am looking for programs myself and so far I have found out that there are not many options for translator education. So I join Maria\'s question in general and here is what I know:

New York University offers a graduate certificate and Master of Science degree in translating. Both are online. The certificate can be earned totally online, and for the Master\'s degree you will have to spend a final semester in the university. (To make it clear: you can get just a certificate
... See more
I am looking for programs myself and so far I have found out that there are not many options for translator education. So I join Maria\'s question in general and here is what I know:

New York University offers a graduate certificate and Master of Science degree in translating. Both are online. The certificate can be earned totally online, and for the Master\'s degree you will have to spend a final semester in the university. (To make it clear: you can get just a certificate separately.

http://www.scpc.nyu.edu - you can look up information online or order printed brochures. The descriptions look good however I did not study there myself so I cannot tell more.

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-09-02 14:29 ]
Collapse

Palmyra
United States
English to Russian
+ ...
sorry, the correct link is... Sep 1, 2002

www.scpc.nyu.edu of course

Vladimir Dubisskiy
Vladimir Dubisskiy
United States
Local time: 11:25
Member (2001)
English to Russian
+ ...
your link does not work Sep 1, 2002

I am thinking of creating one of my own.. (but it will take time with technicalities)//

I have tried the link to NYU (just to look at it)but it did not work for me/

Quote:

On 2002-08-31 23:35, Palmyra wrote:

... See more
I am thinking of creating one of my own.. (but it will take time with technicalities)//

I have tried the link to NYU (just to look at it)but it did not work for me/

Quote:

On 2002-08-31 23:35, Palmyra wrote:

New York University offers a graduate certificate and Master of Science degree in translating. Both are online. The certificate can be earned totally online, and for the Master\'s degree you will have to spend a final semester in the university. (To make it clear: you can get just a certificate separately.

www.scpc.nyu.ecu - you can look up information online or order printed brochures. The descriptions look good however I did not study there myself so I cannot tell more.

Collapse

Maria Knorr
Maria Knorr
English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
NYU Certificate Sep 1, 2002

http://www.scps.nyu.edu/departments/degree.jsp?degId=51

I also found this website, but I would like to know about some other choices if they exist.

Also, if anyone took classes at NYU can you share the experience.

Thanks

Maria

Palmyra
United States
English to Russian
+ ...
sorry, the correct link is... Sep 2, 2002

www.scpc.nyu.edu

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:25
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Amendment to Palmyra's link Sep 2, 2002

Try www.scps.nyu.edu

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Online classes

Translation news in Russian Federation

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »