https://www.proz.com/forum/russian/5638-translation_of_poems_by_joseph_brodksy.html

Translation of poems by Joseph Brodksy
Thread poster: Anna Beria
Anna Beria
Anna Beria
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:01
Italian to English
+ ...
Oct 10, 2002

Dear colleagues,

I am looking for published translations in English of two poems by J. Brodsky: \"Naturmort\" and \"Razgovor s nebozhitelem\". I have the texts in Russian. Extensive websearching has produced no sites where the texts appear in English. As a matter of fact, I can\'t find any mention of either poem on line! I have the texts in Russian, though not complete, I don\'t think.

Thanks for any help,

Anna

[a
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I am looking for published translations in English of two poems by J. Brodsky: \"Naturmort\" and \"Razgovor s nebozhitelem\". I have the texts in Russian. Extensive websearching has produced no sites where the texts appear in English. As a matter of fact, I can\'t find any mention of either poem on line! I have the texts in Russian, though not complete, I don\'t think.

Thanks for any help,

Anna

[addsig]
Collapse

Elizabeth Adams
Elizabeth Adams  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:01
Member (2002)
Russian to English
copyright Oct 10, 2002

Hi Anna,

A quick search turned up some info:

Farrar, Strous and Giroux (publishers) have sent letters to sites carrying Brodsky in English asking them to remove his texts since they infringe on copyright.

You may be able to get the poems from the publishers, though.

Evert DELOOF-SYS
Evert DELOOF-SYS  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 14:01
English to Dutch
+ ...
Maybe you could try it at Ardis Oct 11, 2002

Maybe you could ask Mrs. Ellendea Proffer of Ardis (founded in Ann Arbor, later moved to California).

And while you\'re at it, say hello to me from her. She may not remember me (we only met once), but I happened to have known her late husband, Carl Proffer, an excellent scholar and the founder of Ardis, while he was teaching in Ann Arbor, Michigan (his last year (1984)).

... See more
Maybe you could ask Mrs. Ellendea Proffer of Ardis (founded in Ann Arbor, later moved to California).

And while you\'re at it, say hello to me from her. She may not remember me (we only met once), but I happened to have known her late husband, Carl Proffer, an excellent scholar and the founder of Ardis, while he was teaching in Ann Arbor, Michigan (his last year (1984)).

http://www.ardisbooks.com/pub_aboutardis.asp

Good luck
[addsig]
Collapse

Anna Beria
Anna Beria
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:01
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Does anyone have a copy of the published works? Oct 11, 2002

Thanks to those who replied to my post and also to those who replied to me directly, especially Diana, who suggested rephrasing the question, as above. If you prefer you can write to me directly and I will tell you exactly which parts I need.

Thanks in advance.

Anna

[addsig]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation of poems by Joseph Brodksy

Translation news in Russian Federation

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »