Russian letters are transfigured on my kudoz screen.They resemble Arabic fonts.
Thread poster: Shog Imas
Shog Imas
Shog Imas  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 22:47
English to French
+ ...
Feb 24, 2003

At first Arabic fonts couldn\'t be recognised. Now they are fine. But presently Russian fonts changed into Arabic ones. I can\'t read anything in Russian on the kudoz screen.

olgutsa
olgutsa
Spanish to Russian
+ ...
Encoding Feb 24, 2003

Did you try to change the encoding? Go to \"View\", choose \"Encoding\" and select KOI or Windows Russian fonts (I hope this helps ))

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:47
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Reading Russian in KudoZ (and other) pages Feb 24, 2003

Forgive me if you know this already, but you have to have the right encoding. Go to View > Encoding > More > Cyrillic (Windows) (or on rare occasions, KOI8-R).

Elaine Freeland (X)
Elaine Freeland (X)
Local time: 04:47
English to Russian
+ ...
That's typical! Feb 24, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-02-24 14:31, shoimas wrote:

At first Arabic fonts couldn\'t be recognised. Now they are fine. But presently Russian fonts changed into Arabic ones. I can\'t read anything in Russian on the kudoz screen.

Obviously, of all their target markets, Microsoft constantly forgets to think about polyglots...

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 04:47
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
The problem is... Feb 24, 2003

...that while browsing ProZ.com pages you need to change the encoding manually every time when you wish to read/write something in a different language; automatic detection of encoding does not work here.

For Russian pages, please use the Windows Cyrillic encoding in Internet Explorer or Win-1251 in Netscape, Opera and other browsers.

Shog Imas
Canada
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Your advice was helpful, Thanks a lot, I can read the Russian now, but the Arabic fonts are changed. Feb 25, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-02-24 17:08, jdoughty wrote:

Forgive me if you know this already, but you have to have the right encoding. Go to View > Encoding > More > Cyrillic (Windows) (or on rare occasions, KOI8-R).

Shog Imas
Canada
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
You are right: after having the Russian, now the Arabic fonts changed to Russian fonts. Feb 25, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-02-24 19:05, fresie wrote:

Quote:

Obviously, of all their target markets, Microsoft constantly forgets to... See more
Quote:

On 2003-02-24 19:05, fresie wrote:

Quote:

Obviously, of all their target markets, Microsoft constantly forgets to think about polyglots...

Collapse

Shog Imas
Canada
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot. Now i know how to do Feb 25, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-02-24 19:19, Natalie wrote:

...that while browsing ProZ.com pages you need to change the encoding manually every time when you wish to read/write something in a different language; automatic detection of encoding does not work here.

For Russian pages, please use the Windows Cyrillic encoding in Internet Explorer or Win-1251 in Netscape, Opera and other browsers.

... See more
Quote:

On 2003-02-24 19:19, Natalie wrote:

Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Russian letters are transfigured on my kudoz screen.They resemble Arabic fonts.

Translation news in Russian Federation

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »