Russian letters are transfigured on my kudoz screen.They resemble Arabic fonts.
Thread poster: Shog Imas

Shog Imas  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 03:24
English to French
+ ...
Feb 24, 2003

At first Arabic fonts couldn\'t be recognised. Now they are fine. But presently Russian fonts changed into Arabic ones. I can\'t read anything in Russian on the kudoz screen.

 

olgutsa
Spanish to Russian
+ ...
Encoding Feb 24, 2003

Did you try to change the encoding? Go to \"View\", choose \"Encoding\" and select KOI or Windows Russian fonts (I hope this helps icon_smile.gif))

 

Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:24
Member (2000)
Russian to English
+ ...
Reading Russian in KudoZ (and other) pages Feb 24, 2003

Forgive me if you know this already, but you have to have the right encoding. Go to View > Encoding > More > Cyrillic (Windows) (or on rare occasions, KOI8-R).

 

Elaine Freeland
Local time: 09:24
English to Russian
+ ...
That's typical! Feb 24, 2003

Quote:


On 2003-02-24 14:31, shoimas wrote:

At first Arabic fonts couldn\'t be recognised. Now they are fine. But presently Russian fonts changed into Arabic ones. I can\'t read anything in Russian on the kudoz screen.




Obviously, of all their target markets, Microsoft constantly forgets to think about polyglots... icon_smile.gif


 

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 09:24
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
The problem is... Feb 24, 2003

...that while browsing ProZ.com pages you need to change the encoding manually every time when you wish to read/write something in a different language; automatic detection of encoding does not work here.


For Russian pages, please use the Windows Cyrillic encoding in Internet Explorer or Win-1251 in Netscape, Opera and other browsers.




 

Shog Imas  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 03:24
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Your advice was helpful, Thanks a lot, I can read the Russian now, but the Arabic fonts are changed. Feb 25, 2003

Quote:


On 2003-02-24 17:08, jdoughty wrote:

Forgive me if you know this already, but you have to have the right encoding. Go to View > Encoding > More > Cyrillic (Windows) (or on rare occasions, KOI8-R).



 

Shog Imas  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 03:24
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
You are right: after having the Russian, now the Arabic fonts changed to Russian fonts. Feb 25, 2003

Quote:


On 2003-02-24 19:05, fresie wrote:

Quote:


On 2003-02-24 14:31, shoimas wrote:

At first Arabic fonts couldn\'t be recognised. Now they are fine. But presently Russian fonts changed into Arabic ones. I can\'t read anything in Russian on the kudoz screen.




Obviously, of all their target markets, Microsoft constantly forgets to think about polyglots... icon_smile.gif


 

Shog Imas  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 03:24
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot. Now i know how to do Feb 25, 2003

Quote:


On 2003-02-24 19:19, Natalie wrote:

...that while browsing ProZ.com pages you need to change the encoding manually every time when you wish to read/write something in a different language; automatic detection of encoding does not work here.


For Russian pages, please use the Windows Cyrillic encoding in Internet Explorer or Win-1251 in Netscape, Opera and other browsers.





 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Russian letters are transfigured on my kudoz screen.They resemble Arabic fonts.

Advanced search


Translation news in Russian Federation





SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €435 / $519
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €435 / $519 / £345 / ¥63000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search