Thread poster: Narasimhan Raghavan
Adware has proved to be a very good program in safeguarding our computers against advertisement cookies and other hijacks. I am a faithful user of it for the past more than 6 years. My gratitude to lavasoft people.
Of late I notice some problems that I would like to list here.
1. The loading of Adaware takes unduly long time when compared with other programs.
2. I am presently using the version 8.1.2 free. When I was using the earlier version, I was prompted every time I opened the program to update to the higher version by just clicking the appropriate button shown in that page. I tried to do so. The update manager was downloaded and on running it, it first uninstalled the existing version and proceeded with the installation of the new version. But it got stuck up in the middle and laconically announced that the update failed and there was a OK button under that message. Click it and the window closed. You end up losing the existing setup and the computer had to go without adaware protection.
Fortunately I had the earlier version saved in my hard disk and was able to install it. But then I had to repeatedly update that version to arrive at the situation prior to the attempt at installing the new version.
Then after asking around the forums I found out that by going to sites such as filehippo.com, I will be able to download the full version (and not just the update manager) worth some 90 MB's and then install it afresh.
The lesson I learnt here is not to say yes to the usual prompt but actually download the entire version.
For the past three days or so I am prompted for updating to another version. I went to filehippo.com and downloaded the free version 126.96.36.199 (more than 80 MB). I was not in a hurry to install it however. I browsed the relevant forums and ascertained that the new version has some issues, which the lavasoft people are trying to solve. In the meantime we are advised by those people to go back to version 8.1.2.
But still I continue getting the prompts for updating to new versions.
I would like to know why the same procedure is being adopted in spite of the glitches already encountered. Till the issue is resolved, the lavasoft can at least refrain from giving the prompts to update to the newer version that has some problems.
I would like to get your inputs to this matter.
To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:
You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »