https://www.proz.com/forum/safe_computing/21315-no_spam_since_last_afternoon_whats_wrong.html

No spam since last afternoon, whats wrong?
Thread poster: Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 07:59
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
May 18, 2004

Usually I get 50 or so spam messages a day, but since 18 hours all is quiet. NO messages on the server either. What has happend? Am I the only lucky one?

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:59
English to German
+ ...
They keep coming in... May 18, 2004

Hallo Heinrich,
Heinrich Pesch wrote:

Usually I get 50 or so spam messages a day, but since 18 hours all is quiet. NO messages on the server either. What has happend? Am I the only lucky one?

I'm afraid so... 50-odd sounds about right for today...

You'd better check your online connection...

Best regards, Ralf

Narasimhan Raghavan
Narasimhan Raghavan  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:29
English to Tamil
+ ...
In memoriam
When the noisy children suddenly become quiet, take care May 18, 2004

I had this personal experience. When my daughter was one year old, one day no noise was coming from her corner. My harassed wife was enjoying the bliss. When after 10 minutes she went to look her up, she (the daughter) was busy dismantling her favorite book! As my horrified wife rushed to the scene, she just triumphantly held up the torn book to her with an angelic smile.
Regards,
N.Raghavan

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:59
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
What am I doing right? May 18, 2004

I average only about one a day, usually from some African gentleman who wants to give me $20,000,000 or so in exchange for my bank details.
My email client is Thunderbird & I am running Spybot, Popup Killer, AdAware, Free Surfer, Sygate Firewall & Norton AV.

Dinny
Dinny  Identity Verified
Greece
Italian to Danish
+ ...
shhhhhhhhhhh don't tell anybody! May 18, 2004

I've only got ONE infected mail since I joined ProZ.com... and so far NEVER had any spam!

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Using Thunderbird too May 18, 2004

Anywhere normal messages do come through, also mass-mailed job-related things, but no junk still.
I had some worries with Thunderbird and the virus protection, which deletes whole folders if you are not careful.
At the moment all looks well, hope it lasts a few days.

Massimo Rippa
Massimo Rippa  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 06:59
English to Italian
+ ...
Uhhhhm May 18, 2004

Heinrich Pesch wrote:

Usually I get 50 or so spam messages a day, but since 18 hours all is quiet. NO messages on the server either.

Maybe your Internet Provideder configured some spam filter on the server. Some of mine providers use this kind of solution.

sarahl (X)
sarahl (X)
Local time: 21:59
English to French
+ ...
Do you miss them? :) May 18, 2004

My ISP has upgraded its anti-spam barrier earlier this year, no more spam in my inbox. I suppose one of your providers is doing the right thing.
So relax and enjoy!

Randa Farhat
Randa Farhat  Identity Verified
Lebanon
English to Arabic
+ ...
all odds! May 18, 2004

still getting spam though noticeably fewer, Heinrich!
yet what Narasimhan suggested makes me wonder: oh dear, what are they thinking of next, those kids!

John Nagel
John Nagel  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 22:59
Spanish to English
+ ...
inboxer May 19, 2004

this is the highest rated antispam solution, with good reason. good free trial. i am not associated with company.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

No spam since last afternoon, whats wrong?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »