https://www.proz.com/forum/safe_computing/44121-accessing_hotmail_folders_for_archiving.html

Accessing Hotmail folders for archiving?
Thread poster: klghemil ghseil
klghemil ghseil
klghemil ghseil
Equatorial Guinea
Local time: 21:29
Mar 22, 2006

Hello,
I hope this is in the right forum. So a few years ago, Hotmail completely wiped all my saved mails, and I am getting paranoid that they are going to do it again - as my account seems to be increasingly unavailable. I am apparently only using up half of my available space so far, and have a couple of dozen client-specific folders containing all my online transactions with clients going back about two years. Does anybody know if there is a way of grabbing these folders en masse and
... See more
Hello,
I hope this is in the right forum. So a few years ago, Hotmail completely wiped all my saved mails, and I am getting paranoid that they are going to do it again - as my account seems to be increasingly unavailable. I am apparently only using up half of my available space so far, and have a couple of dozen client-specific folders containing all my online transactions with clients going back about two years. Does anybody know if there is a way of grabbing these folders en masse and taking them off line so I can save them on a disk or something, or do I just have to open each and every email and copy and paste the text in to Word?
Any ideas much appreciated,
Jenny H.
Collapse

Anne Grimes
Anne Grimes
Canada
Local time: 15:29
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
+ ...
hotmail Mar 22, 2006

Hi, I have my hotmail emails linked to my Outlook express mailbox offline, so I can read my emails and save them offline, without having to worry about losing them. I have had many problems with hotmail in the past, so I don't often use it anymore. I use yahoomail now, and have had no problems with it being wiped out, and the limit is endless, so I don't have a problem with my mailbox being full either.
If you have outlook express, you can link it to you hotmail acct., and read your emails
... See more
Hi, I have my hotmail emails linked to my Outlook express mailbox offline, so I can read my emails and save them offline, without having to worry about losing them. I have had many problems with hotmail in the past, so I don't often use it anymore. I use yahoomail now, and have had no problems with it being wiped out, and the limit is endless, so I don't have a problem with my mailbox being full either.
If you have outlook express, you can link it to you hotmail acct., and read your emails from there.
Have a good day! Anne
Collapse

klghemil ghseil
klghemil ghseil
Equatorial Guinea
Local time: 21:29
TOPIC STARTER
Ta! Mar 29, 2006

Thanks Anne, that sounds really useful, i wil have a go.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Accessing Hotmail folders for archiving?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »