Thread poster: Katja Vuorisalo
Katja Vuorisalo
Katja Vuorisalo  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 15:59
French to Finnish
+ ...
Nov 16, 2006

I have again got this annoying dash line appearing everywhere where there is a location (e.g. Sweden, London etc.) mentioned. It suddenly appears in my e-mails everywhere together with a city, country name etc. Once before I had this same phenomenon but I got rid of it by doing a spyware and virus check. I just now did a spyware check with F-Secure Antivirus, got rid of two spywares but the dash line is still there! What should I do? Could this happen because I just uploaded a "protect password ... See more
I have again got this annoying dash line appearing everywhere where there is a location (e.g. Sweden, London etc.) mentioned. It suddenly appears in my e-mails everywhere together with a city, country name etc. Once before I had this same phenomenon but I got rid of it by doing a spyware and virus check. I just now did a spyware check with F-Secure Antivirus, got rid of two spywares but the dash line is still there! What should I do? Could this happen because I just uploaded a "protect password for theft" -seal for Yahoo (a photo of my own to recognize all "real" Yahoo-sites). I'm not sure I should download Spybot Search&Destroy from the web because then I might get more spywares or viruses. Should I get it anyway and is it possible to buy it "in a safer way" than just download for free from the net? I used to have Spybot S&D, but then I had to rebuild my pc and now it has disappeared. Shame, because I liked that program very much...Thanks!Collapse

Lars Jelking
Lars Jelking  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 16:59
English to Swedish
+ ...
Is it smart tags? Nov 16, 2006

Try opening Tools/Options/View and see if the box 'Smart tags' is checked. If so un-check it.

Katja Vuorisalo
Katja Vuorisalo  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 15:59
French to Finnish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It was only a Yahoo Shortcut:) Nov 16, 2006

Thanks, Lars, for your comment, but I noticed it was just a Yahoo shortcut, creating a link to a map to show a location for every place. I could remove this option through Yahoo options. Luckily, it was not a spyware this time:).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to remove an annoying dash line?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »