Czech Republic
Local time: 11:24
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Oct 25, 2010

Hello,

I received the following message yesterday.
It seemed suspicious to me (public e-mail address, no request for quotation, but payment methods mentioned, etc.), so I checked it online, and it's a scam - it is listed among active alerts at Payment Practices - see http://www.paymentpractices.net/Scams.aspx

I don't know how they plan to get our money, because I
... See more
Hello,

I received the following message yesterday.
It seemed suspicious to me (public e-mail address, no request for quotation, but payment methods mentioned, etc.), so I checked it online, and it's a scam - it is listed among active alerts at Payment Practices - see http://www.paymentpractices.net/Scams.aspx

I don't know how they plan to get our money, because I did not bother to reply.
However, this message is not as stupid as some of these scams are, it contains my real phone number, many details and instructions, and even a text for translation is attached, so I've decided to warn all of you against this new scam (at least for me it's new).

Regards

Marek

HERE'S THE TEXT OF THE MESSAGE (only the first part - after that, a text for translation, and many additional instructions follow).
To comply with the Forums rule #8, I'm not including any names or contacts, but you can check http://www.paymentpractices.net/Scams.aspx - the relevant contacts are in the table (currently at the first position - New Zeland)

Mr.
Mr. Marek Buchtel
Marek Buchtel
Telephone: +420 XXX XXX XXX

WE NEED A VERY FAST TRANSLATION, WE NEED A VERY FAST TRANSLATION

Translation: E-mail Message

Our Reference: E-mail-0687

Subject: Medical Translation Services from English to Czech

Dear Sirs:
We are a medical management company in the field cardiology. We have seen your ad on Internet in regard of translation from English into Czech.

Normally we have medical text to be translated from Czech to English and visa versa.

Right now, we have some medical, commercial and business documents that have to be translated from English to Czech. Actually, for some of these documents (like the one enclosed), we need that you read its English version first. Understand and comprehend the text very well, then write it in your own words in Czech. By the composition and the dictation of your own choice. You would be the writer and creator in Czech.

The best possible way to us to pay your bill faster and easier would be by CREDIT CARD, upon receiving your invoice, (you can bill us daily, weekly or monthly according to your own desire). But if Credit Card is not working for you, we can pay you by International Money Order (I.M.O) of Wire Transfer to your account (that you will give us on your invoice. Do not forget to give us your Banking Swift Code as well).

As a start, enclosed we are sending you a letter that I wish you to translate it from English to Czech. Please do your best for a very professional translation and return the result by E-mail as soon as you can.

Again I insist that we do not want the translation word by word or sentence by sentence (in this special document). We need you to read the text completely first, understand it well. Then, rewrite it in your own language and composition by the way you want. Maybe, the document you will send it back to us is completely different ( because of culture, and many other different things in your society).

Anyway, awaiting your response as soon as possible.

Best Regards - Desa Xxxxx

50 Xxxxx Street,
Auckland, New Zealand
Phone: +64-9-XXX-XXXX
Fax: +64-9-XXX-XXXX
Our E-mail address: [email protected]

P/S: If you want money transfer through the bank please give me your account number and bank address and phone. If you can charge visa/MasterCard, I can give you Card number. If you send the bill just post your bill on E-mail and I will send you money order immediately.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

TEXT+TEXT+TEXT+TEXT+TEXT+TEXT+TEXT+TEXT+TEXT+TEXT+TEXT+TEXT+TEX

October 25, 2010

To whom it may concern.

*here is the text for translation*

TEXT FINISHED+TEXT FINISHED+TEXT FINISHED+TEXT FINISHED+TEXT FINISHED+
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Some Helpful Hints:

*a number of hints and a special notice*

END OF THE SCAM
Collapse

Dr. Matthias Schauen
Dr. Matthias Schauen  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:24
Member (2007)
English to German
They are around again (or still?) May 8, 2015

Same contact name, same street address, different e-mail address, similar but different text to translate (judging from the text from 2010 posted at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Czechlist/conversations/topics/44377 ). Quite an elaborate text they wrote, but some other weaknesses gave them away.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Medical Translation scam (New Zealand)

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »