German to French
+ ...
it looks like the message you received ! Aug 30, 2011

Marie Chevassus wrote:

"
Envoyé le : Mercredi 6 Juillet 2011 13h24
Objet : Re: English to French Management translation 17,700 words June 26, 2011

Hello Rosset,

My Name is Sam Rossetti,Sorry for the delay in reply,Am out of town to Sweden,I appreciate the time you take out to send your write up.I will be coming to France in 2weeks.I need translator to translate up to 17700 source of words for me from English into French of marketing document. I agree with your quote of 1593 euros.Part payment will be issued out before commencement of work for i do understand it is necessary since we working online.

Your information is need for background check, please send in this information:

FULL NAME:
CONTACT ADDRESS:
CITY:
STATE:
ZIP-CODE:
VALID PHONE:
MOBILE NUMBER:
HOURS FOR AVAILABILITY:

Best Regards "

I have just received this one. The sentence "is need for background check gave me something to think about...

Hello Cathy,

Thank you for your write up.Am out of town to Spain,I will be coming to Fance in 3weeks.I need translator to translate up to 15,500 source of words for me from English to French, Subject Area is Business management.plaese let me know the total charges for this project.Part payment will be issued out before commencement of work for i do understand it is necessary since we working online.

Here is my address..
Nmae. Sonia Djaoui
ADDRESS.. CALLE DE SANTIAGO RAMON Y CAJAL, 24
CITY..... HUMANES DE MADRID.
ZIP CODE. 28970
STATE.... MADRID,
COUNTRY.. SPAIN
TELEPHONE..672539965

FULL NAME:
CONTACT ADDRESS:
CITY:
STATE:
ZIP-CODE:
VALID PHONE:
MOBILE NUMBER:
HOURS FOR AVAILABILITY:

Fabienne Mardon
Fabienne Mardon  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 23:41
Member (2011)
English to French
+ ...
Same scam... Aug 30, 2011

I've just received the same I already had few months ago:

"Hello Fabienne,

Thank you for your write up.Am out of town to Spain,I will be coming to Fance in 3weeks.I need translator to translate up to 15,500 source of words for me from English to French, Subject Area is Business management.I agree with your total charges of 1085euros for this project.Part payment will be issued out before commencement of work for i do understand it is necessary since we working online.
... See more
I've just received the same I already had few months ago:

"Hello Fabienne,

Thank you for your write up.Am out of town to Spain,I will be coming to Fance in 3weeks.I need translator to translate up to 15,500 source of words for me from English to French, Subject Area is Business management.I agree with your total charges of 1085euros for this project.Part payment will be issued out before commencement of work for i do understand it is necessary since we working online.

Here is my address..
Nmae. Sonia Djaoui
ZIP CODE. 28970
STATE.... MADRID,
COUNTRY.. SPAIN
TELEPHONE..672539965

FULL NAME:
CONTACT ADDRESS:
CITY:
STATE:
ZIP-CODE:
VALID PHONE:
MOBILE NUMBER:
HOURS FOR AVAILABILITY:

Regards"

Be careful to this kind of message...

[Modifié le 2011-08-30 13:12 GMT]
Collapse

Marie-Paule Cadi
Marie-Paule Cadi  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
Same, but English to French... Aug 30, 2011

Hello Cadi,

Thank you for your write up. Am out of town to Spain,I will be coming to Fance in 3weeks.I need translator to translate up to 15,500 source of words for me from English to French, Subject Area is Business management.I agree with your total charges of 1000 euro for this project.Part payment will be issued out before commencement of work for i do understand it is necessary since we working online.

Here is my address..
Nmae. Sonia Djaoui
ADDRESS..
... See more
Hello Cadi,

Thank you for your write up. Am out of town to Spain,I will be coming to Fance in 3weeks.I need translator to translate up to 15,500 source of words for me from English to French, Subject Area is Business management.I agree with your total charges of 1000 euro for this project.Part payment will be issued out before commencement of work for i do understand it is necessary since we working online.

Here is my address..
Nmae. Sonia Djaoui
ZIP CODE. 28970
STATE.... MADRID,
COUNTRY.. SPAIN
TELEPHONE..672539965

FULL NAME:
CONTACT ADDRESS:
CITY:
STATE:
ZIP-CODE:
VALID PHONE:
MOBILE NUMBER:
HOURS FOR AVAILABILITY:

Regards
Collapse

alina_elenad
alina_elenad
France
English to French
+ ...
English to French translation (scam) Aug 31, 2011

Hello Alina,

Thank you for your write up.Am out of town to Spain,I will be coming to Fance in 3weeks.I need translator to translate up to 15,500 source of words for me from English to French, Subject Area is Business management.I agree with your charges of 1000 euros for this project.Part payment will be issued out before commencement of work for i do understand it is necessary since we working online.

Here is my address..
Nmae. Sonia Djaoui
ADDRESS.. CALLE
... See more
Hello Alina,

Thank you for your write up.Am out of town to Spain,I will be coming to Fance in 3weeks.I need translator to translate up to 15,500 source of words for me from English to French, Subject Area is Business management.I agree with your charges of 1000 euros for this project.Part payment will be issued out before commencement of work for i do understand it is necessary since we working online.

Here is my address..
Nmae. Sonia Djaoui
ZIP CODE. 28970
STATE.... MADRID,
COUNTRY.. SPAIN
TELEPHONE..672539965

FULL NAME:
CONTACT ADDRESS:
CITY:
STATE:
ZIP-CODE:
VALID PHONE:
MOBILE NUMBER:
HOURS FOR AVAILABILITY:

Regards
Collapse

Françoise Paulet
Françoise Paulet  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
same scam again.. Aug 31, 2011

"Hello Françoise,

Here is my address..
Nmae. Sonia Djaoui
ADDRE
... See more
"Hello Françoise,

Here is my address..
Nmae. Sonia Djaoui
ZIP CODE. 28970
STATE.... MADRID,
COUNTRY.. SPAIN
TELEPHONE..672539965

FULL NAME:
CONTACT ADDRESS:
CITY:
STATE:
ZIP-CODE:
VALID PHONE:
MOBILE NUMBER:
HOURS FOR AVAILABILITY:

Regards"

so be carefull & follow your intuition if ti smells bad
Collapse

Glenda Janssen
Glenda Janssen  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:41
English to Italian
+ ...
Funny Aug 31, 2011

I was going to look up V.Gupta, because I was suspicious of the extremely poor English. This thread was the first to show up as I navigated to the forum. What a coincidence!

Not quite sure what the Gupta fellow wants, since it seems he has been looking for the same text to be translated over and over... But now his message asks for a whole lot of information, including a Skype ID, so maybe they are just trying to build a database of people with a lot of personal information.

A Dupin
A Dupin  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
Same to me Aug 31, 2011

Well, I did answer the same proposal and received the same response. Out of Spain, in France in 3 weeks, ok for 1800 euros, 30% to begin, etc.

Bien, j'ai répondu à la même proposition de trad EN->FR, les mêmes termes dans le mail, etc.

Il est vrai que tout cela est bien tentant, mais j'ai eu un doute intuitif (même si je suis un homme ) et fait des recherches... pour tomber sur vos posts à tous.
... See more
Well, I did answer the same proposal and received the same response. Out of Spain, in France in 3 weeks, ok for 1800 euros, 30% to begin, etc.

Bien, j'ai répondu à la même proposition de trad EN->FR, les mêmes termes dans le mail, etc.

Il est vrai que tout cela est bien tentant, mais j'ai eu un doute intuitif (même si je suis un homme ) et fait des recherches... pour tomber sur vos posts à tous.
Donc je me méfie et vais bien voir...
J'essaierai de vous tenir au courant.
ADB
Collapse

A Dupin
A Dupin  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
Scam from Djaoui, Rossetti, or Gupta Sep 1, 2011

Here is the last message of Sonia Djaoui:

How are you today?The payment was sent this morning by 9.30am time.There was a mistake as my client Issue 3000 euro Travelers check on your name which include my traveling agent fees to you.I dont think there is anything to worry about for the trust i have in you.You will cash at your bank and send the excess funds to my agent for my trip to France via western union. Once you cash and have your fees of 30 percent down pa... See more

How are you today?The payment was sent this morning by 9.30am time.There was a mistake as my client Issue 3000 euro Travelers check on your name which include my traveling agent fees to you.I dont think there is anything to worry about for the trust i have in you.You will cash at your bank and send the excess funds to my agent for my trip to France via western union. Once you cash and have your fees of 30 percent down payment and balance after completion of project ,Let me know if i can forward the text document to you.Please watch out for the payment and let me know when you receive it.Thanks for your understanding.

What I don't really uderstand is what is to earn with that scam. Does somebody have an answer or an idea?
Collapse

Maija Cirule
Maija Cirule  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 00:41
German to English
+ ...
The scheme is as old as dirt Sep 1, 2011

A Dupin wrote:

How are you today?The payment was sent this morning by 9.30am time.There was a mistake as my client Issue 3000 euro Travelers check on your name which include my traveling agent fees to you.I dont think there is anything to worry about for the trust i have in you.You will cash at your bank and send the excess funds to my agent for my trip to France via western union. Once you cash and have your fees of 30 percent down payment and balance after completion of project ,Let me know if i can forward the text document to you.Please watch out for the payment and let me know when you receive it.Thanks for your understanding.

What I don't really uderstand is what is to earn with that scam. Does somebody have an answer or an idea?

You can find answers by googling,e.g., "traveller checks"

Beba Maranz
Beba Maranz
Switzerland
German to French
+ ...
Possible scam / English-French and other language combinations Sep 3, 2011

Hello to you all,

I answered this ad on ProZ on 28th Julx, requesting the translation of 15'500 words in the learning field. I don't remember exactly how it was worded and asked a ProZ moderator to help find the ad which I can't locate.

A Mrs Sonia Djaoui runs a yoga school in Tours, so why should she send us scam proposals on ProZ?

All I can say is this: I also received a letter signed by that name saying she was in Spain and due back in France within th
... See more
Hello to you all,

I answered this ad on ProZ on 28th Julx, requesting the translation of 15'500 words in the learning field. I don't remember exactly how it was worded and asked a ProZ moderator to help find the ad which I can't locate.

A Mrs Sonia Djaoui runs a yoga school in Tours, so why should she send us scam proposals on ProZ?

All I can say is this: I also received a letter signed by that name saying she was in Spain and due back in France within three weeks, confirmed my rate, and volunteered to make a down payment of a third by Euro travelers cheques. My bank explained to me (I live in Switzerland) that it wasn't possible to make payments by travelers cheques since the beneficiary could not endorse them (not the same as with ordinary cheques). I relayed this information to my correspondent and gave her my Paypal address and bank account number, adding I could survive without a down payment, and that the main thing was she didn't send me the text at the last minute. Upon that, I have had no more news. In your opinion, what does the scam consist of and aim at?

Best regards to all. Beba
Collapse

Beba Maranz
Beba Maranz
Switzerland
German to French
+ ...
Blanchiment d'argent Sep 3, 2011

A Dupin wrote:

Excusez-moi, je n'avais pas tout lu en postant mon message de tout à l'heure. C'est un coup assez classique, consistant à envoyer un montant trop élevé, dire au destinataire d'en garder une partie et de réexpédier le reste à un titre quelconque on ne sait où via Western Union. Et le tour est joué, l'argent d'origine incertaine a disparu dans la nature.

Les deux autres je ne sais pas, mais pour Mme Djaoui, quelqu'un d'autre a certainement utilisé son nom.

Linda Paul (X)
Linda Paul (X)
France
English to French
Scam again.... Sep 11, 2011

Hello everyone,

I just got this mail too, after answering to a job post published on ProZ last week, from "Brigitte Cavadias" (yahoo email address):

Hello Linda,

Thank you for your write up.Sorry for the delay.Am out of town to Spain.I need translator to translate 14,500 source of words for me from English to French, Subject Area is Business management.I attached a sample text, so you have an understanding of the document. Please let me know the total charg
... See more
Hello everyone,

I just got this mail too, after answering to a job post published on ProZ last week, from "Brigitte Cavadias" (yahoo email address):

Hello Linda,

Thank you for your write up.Sorry for the delay.Am out of town to Spain.I need translator to translate 14,500 source of words for me from English to French, Subject Area is Business management.I attached a sample text, so you have an understanding of the document. Please let me know the total charges for this project.Part payment will be issued out before commencement of work for i do understand it is necessary since we working online.

Here is my address..
Name..... Brigitte Cavadias
ADDRESS.. CALLE DE SANTIAGO RAMON Y CAJAL, 55
ZIP CODE. 28970
STATE.... MADRID,
COUNTRY.. SPAIN
TELEPHONE..672539965

FULL NAME:
CONTACT ADDRESS:
CITY:
STATE:
ZIP-CODE:
VALID PHONE:
MOBILE NUMBER:
HOURS FOR AVAILABILITY:

Regards

==> I knew there was something wrong in this answer. So after searching the Web, I eventually landed on this page and wanted to add my contribution. I'm really mad to see that this type of scams keeps recurring on a professional Website such as Proz...
Anyway, thanks for sharing your experience here! It really helps !!
Collapse

Steffen Walter
Steffen Walter  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
Same scam, English to German, different name Sep 12, 2011

Hi all,

This just in, in response to my quote sent in reply to a job ad posted here on ProZ.com. Note the missing blank spaces after full stops and commas, which are typical of scam messages.

Hello Walter,

Sorry for the delay.Am out of town to Spain,I will be coming to Germany in 4weeks.I need translator to translate up to 14,200 source of words for me from English to German, Subject Area is Business management.I agree wit
... See more
Hi all,

This just in, in response to my quote sent in reply to a job ad posted here on ProZ.com. Note the missing blank spaces after full stops and commas, which are typical of scam messages.

Hello Walter,

Sorry for the delay.Am out of town to Spain,I will be coming to Germany in 4weeks.I need translator to translate up to 14,200 source of words for me from English to German, Subject Area is Business management.I agree with your total charges of euro 2840 for this project.Part payment will be issued out before commencement of work for i do understand it is necessary since we working online.

Here is my information

Name..... Werner Roderfeld
ADDRESS.. CALLE DE SANTIAGO RAMON Y CAJAL, 60
ZIP CODE. 28970
STATE.... MADRID,
COUNTRY.. SPAIN
TELEPHONE..672539965

FULL NAME:
CONTACT ADDRESS:
CITY:
STATE:
ZIP-CODE:
VALID PHONE:
MOBILE NUMBER:
HOURS FOR AVAILABILITY:

Regards

What is particularly appalling in this case is that the poster was impersonating a partner of a German law firm (and registered a profile that has since been deleted) for which a BB record has been created - http://www.proz.com/blueboard/35176

Regards,

Steffen
Collapse

Caroline Tsaganas
Caroline Tsaganas  Identity Verified
France
Member (2011)
English to French
+ ...
How to loose time and energy helping other washing dirty money... Sep 12, 2011

Hi there !

Got caught to... but reacted soon enough not to have undergone any bad thing. But I kept her/him sending mails over so I could see what he/she is aiming at. Amaizing how crazy people can be or how much time they have to loose.

My version was exactly the same as below. The bad english level raised my suspicion.

The ad I answered to had been posted on Proz on Sept. 6th by a Brigitte Cavadias.

Just one last thing : the only hope we hav
... See more
Hi there !

Got caught to... but reacted soon enough not to have undergone any bad thing. But I kept her/him sending mails over so I could see what he/she is aiming at. Amaizing how crazy people can be or how much time they have to loose.

My version was exactly the same as below. The bad english level raised my suspicion.

The ad I answered to had been posted on Proz on Sept. 6th by a Brigitte Cavadias.

Just one last thing : the only hope we have to not fall into such stupid schemes is to keep on registering them here.

So please keep on doing so !

All the best to you all...

To Mrs Cavadias, whoever you are : Thanks a lot ! You made my day... I was somehow wondering how I could cope with this straight timing. I really feel relieved because I am able now to fully concentrate on my other real projects
Collapse

Rimma Kehr
Rimma Kehr
Germany
German to English
+ ...
The same name and address, a sample of content had been attached to email Sep 13, 2011

Hello,

Sorry for the delay.Am out of town to Spain,I will be coming to Germany in 4weeks.I need translator to translate up to 14,200 source of words for me from English to German, Subject Area is Business management.plaese let me know the total charges for this project.Part payment will be issued out before commencement of work for i do understand it is necessary since we working online.

Here is my information

ADDRESS..
... See more
Hello,

Sorry for the delay.Am out of town to Spain,I will be coming to Germany in 4weeks.I need translator to translate up to 14,200 source of words for me from English to German, Subject Area is Business management.plaese let me know the total charges for this project.Part payment will be issued out before commencement of work for i do understand it is necessary since we working online.

Here is my information

ADDRESS.. CALLE DE SANTIAGO RAMON Y CAJAL, 60
ZIP CODE. 28970
STATE.... MADRID,
COUNTRY.. SPAIN
TELEPHONE..672539965

FULL NAME:
CONTACT ADDRESS:
CITY:
STATE:
ZIP-CODE:
VALID PHONE:
MOBILE NUMBER:
HOURS FOR AVAILABILITY:

Regards

Von: "[email protected]"
An: [email protected]
Gesendet: 11:48 Sonntag, 11.September 2011
Betreff: EN-DE, German Native. Eng to German
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The same scam reported, now English-Spanish

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »