Thread poster: Sigrid Andersen

Sigrid Andersen  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:02
Member (2011)
Danish to German
+ ...
Jun 20, 2012

Good afternoon,

I am reaching out for people who have been in contact or worked for Farthing Translation Services/Mathew Mitchell. This guy has not payed any of his translators, despite checking the company´s adress and IP adress (which seemed to be fine) he just disappeared off the earth.

I have said yes to be a contact person between translators and police, as he is being hunted for fraud in the meanwhile. Any translator that has been working for this company/man is kindly asked to send me a short mail with their full name, the debt amount and any other important information they may know, if they agree to this information being forwarded to the police.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Best regards

Sigrid Andersen

Direct link Reply with quote

Sigrid Andersen  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:02
Member (2011)
Danish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Contact Jun 30, 2012

To everyone waiting for payment from this company, I ve just been contacted form Mr. Mathew Mitchell:

"Sincere apologies for the delay in payment. I've been away for 5 weeks and left an automated process in place for payments, obviously this hasn't worked. I will put this through for processing immediately and the funds should be with you by Monday (depending on bank timings).

Again, I offer my apologies for any misunderstandings arising from this, especially due to the amount involved."

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Alejandro Cavalitto[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Farthing Translation Services

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search