Direct email, Palestinian outsourcer, Portuguese to English project
Thread poster: NataliaAnne

NataliaAnne  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 05:41
Portuguese to English
Aug 1, 2012

Today I received an email from an outsourcer asking for a Portuguese to English translation which was suspicious. Firstly, the information was conflicting. The PM stated that the document was from Portugual but it was obviously from Macau. Because of this, the document was actually in a mix of Portuguese and Chinese, which I cannot handle as I do not translate from Chinese. When I raised this with the outsourcer, she did not seem concerned, which was alarming to say the least.

At that stage the alarm bells were ringing and so I did an internet search. I found several complaints on other translation sites involving her name, which I am obviously prevented from mentioning here. Note that contact was made via an agency, which has a poorly-written website, and that the PM also has a translator's profile on Proz.com. No Blue Board entries nor any WWA on the profile which, by the way, claims the PM is a native speaker of English but a quick glance at her CV reveals otherwise. I also found a discussion thread posted by her on Proz.com which aluded to pirated versions of Trados.

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 10:41
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Please kindly submit a support request Aug 1, 2012

and provide all necessary data.

Many thanks,
Natalia

Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Alert posted to scams forum Aug 8, 2012

Hello Natalia and Natalie,

I think you may be interested in forum post http://www.proz.com/topic/230462 on this same scammer.

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Lucia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Alejandro Cavalitto[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Direct email, Palestinian outsourcer, Portuguese to English project

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search