Enchanted with love and interest from mirabellove001@yahoo.com
Thread poster: xxxsonjaswenson
xxxsonjaswenson  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:50
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jan 19, 2013

I received the following email via Proz last night-

You have been sent a message via ProZ.com.
Author: mirabellove Author's Profile: http://www.proz.com/profile/1711931
Author's IP address: 41.82.172.65
-----------

I became enchanted with love and interest after had seen
your profile.Have my Email i.d:
(realluvonlyu@hotmail.com),through it:My personality will be
known to you.Thanks.
yours lovely
MIRABEL



The sender was mirabellove001@yahoo.com

Either someone has been hacked or there is a strange new scam targeting lovelorn translators and interpreters going on.

Sonja


Direct link Reply with quote
 

liviu roth
United States
Local time: 20:50
Romanian to English
+ ...
somebody fell in love with me !!!!???? Jan 19, 2013

Although this seems to be more a spam than a scam, it reached me via Proz.

From mirabellove001@YAHOO.COM

You have been sent a message via ProZ.com.
Author: mirabellove
Author's Profile: http://www.proz.com/profile/1711931
Author's IP address: 41.82.172.65
-----------

I became enchanted with love and interest after had seen
your profile.Have my Email i.d:

(realluvonlyu@hotmail.com),through it:My personality will be
known to you.Thanks.
yours lovely
MIRABEL

At my age of 60 I am aware that I am very handsome and attractive to young ladies but I do not expect them to contact me though Proz.))

Lee


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Enrique
Local time: 21:50
SITE STAFF
Dating scam Jan 19, 2013

Nothing new here, this is the classic dating scam that is usually filtered out by our systems, but sometimes they find a way through the filters. Actions have been taken in this case.

Regards,
Enrique


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Thayenga  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:50
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
Awww Jan 20, 2013

lee roth wrote:

Although this seems to be more a spam than a scam, it reached me via Proz.

From mirabellove001@YAHOO.COM

You have been sent a message via ProZ.com.
Author: mirabellove
Author's Profile: http://www.proz.com/profile/1711931
Author's IP address: 41.82.172.65
-----------

I became enchanted with love and interest after had seen
your profile.Have my Email i.d:

(realluvonlyu@hotmail.com),through it:My personality will be
known to you.Thanks.
yours lovely
MIRABEL

At my age of 60 I am aware that I am very handsome and attractive to young ladies but I do not expect them to contact me though Proz.))

Lee



Don't worry, be happy that she fell in love with you so much as to contact you via ProZ.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Julian Holmes  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 09:50
Member (2011)
Japanese to English
Which kind of "pro"? Jan 20, 2013

Thayenga wrote:
Don't worry, be happy that she fell in love with you so much as to contact you via ProZ.


Um, did this person confuse "Proz" which the other old profession?

Nevertheless @Lee, I envy you for being propositioned. Doesn't happen to me a lot these days.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

liviu roth
United States
Local time: 20:50
Romanian to English
+ ...
permission :-D ! Jan 20, 2013

Julian Holmes wrote:


Nevertheless @Lee, I envy you for being propositioned. Doesn't happen to me a lot these days.


Dear Julian,

You have my permission to contact her by e-mail.


Best,
Lee


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Elena Pavan  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:50
Member (2005)
French to Italian
+ ...
Same for me Jan 21, 2013

I received the same message yesterday.
Looks like this person falls in love very easily with our profiles!!!


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Thayenga  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:50
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
Awww... again Jan 21, 2013

Julian Holmes wrote:

Thayenga wrote:
Don't worry, be happy that she fell in love with you so much as to contact you via ProZ.


Um, did this person confuse "Proz" which the other old profession?

Nevertheless @Lee, I envy you for being propositioned. Doesn't happen to me a lot these days.


Don't cry, Julian. It can happen to you sooner than you think. And Lee has already taken care of it, too.


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Alejandro Cavalitto[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Enchanted with love and interest from mirabellove001@yahoo.com

Advanced search







SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search