Thread poster: liviu roth

liviu roth
United States
Local time: 05:24
Romanian to English
+ ...
Apr 2, 2014

Just in:

I'm Monica Lawrence,I got your email from the website ( that you are a competent translator. I have an article I want you to help me translate from (English into Romanian).I would like to know your terms and how much it would cost for the article? I have attached the article to this email so you could check and let me know how long it would take to get it translated? I will also like you to know that i will be paying via Cashier check and its will be delivered to you by one of the secured courier services.. (NOTIFY)that my client shall be including an (Over Payment) in the check he will be sending to you in which you shall deduct the money for the translation and then send the rest to the agent who will driving the students down to the seminar. So i will need you to provide me with the following information to facilitate the mailing of the check....

1.Your full name :
2.Your mailing address be it residential :
3.Your phone number.:
4, The cost of all the article:

**Once again ,I will like you to know the sending fee of the balance to the agent will be deduct from the amount left after deducting your percentage from it.

At least she writes up front that I am going to receive an overpayment. Isn't she lovely ?

Stay safe,

[Edited at 2014-04-02 01:59 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

AndersonT  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2010)
German to English
Seriously? May 24, 2014

What boggles the mind is that ye olde "overpayment" scam still works this day and age.

I mean, it's right up there with "I'm Prof. Dr. Dr. Mbutu Mbabwe fro Minstray of Finanz wanting sent yu USD 99 Million from inheriteance in Tanzania"....

Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:24
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
You are popular May 27, 2014

When I get these messages, I thank the designers for inventing the "delete button".

But thanks.

[Edited at 2014-05-27 21:51 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Alejandro Cavalitto[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Lovely „Monica Lawrence”

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

• All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search