Thread poster: Gemma Cuni Vidal

indigo_team  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:28
Member (2013)
English to Russian
+ ...
Definitely unreliable, and read why.. Oct 5, 2016

Hi everybody,

We've tried to work with Nedaa Sameh from this company (I googled him, hadn't found anything in July, and took a risk)..icon_frown.gif
That was quite an expensive lesson for me.. Over 3500 USD total.
I even managed to find the person who ordered those translations from him (and they should be preparing a lawsuite now for 1) violating NDA, 2) signing of NDA using other person's name and CV..)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yap84x9vngjok8b/Skype%20Chat%20Nedaa%20Almasri%20also%20Nedaa%20Sameh.docx?dl=0 (our Skype chat)

For now, the only thing that I managed to complete is to send information about them to all Translationdirectory.com linguists (that appeared to be nothing serious for them, as I tried to use this to persuade them paying..) Even using all the evidence.

kardashov
Ukraine
Local time: 09:28
English to Russian
+ ...
The company is a non-payer Apr 11, 2017

Tried to work with Nedaa Sameh from this company. The result is -80 USD and two month of bla-bla-bla when I was promised to be paid tomorrow. But tomorrow didn't come. Fortunately I didn't accept a bigger project. The manager is totally inadequate. The first thing was that I did spend 5 hours trying to get PO from him. PO was confirmed and never paid. So don't repeat my mistakes and don't accept project from them.

Maria Folque

MichaelFreelanc
Brazil
Local time: 05:28
English to Spanish
+ ...
Hello Fellow Collegues, here´s the most fresh email I got today about this company Mar 12

Online Translator
dom 11/03/2018 15:46
Amal (amalqn@24translate.net)
Hello, I am Soad Qeshta, a project manager, at 24translate Company. I am seeking for translators at this moment who can provide a good quality of translation or proofreading service for a long term collaboration.

If you are interested in working with me, just let me know:

What is your best rate per word for translation and proofreading in USD?
What is your language combinations?
Do you use CAT tools? If you use CAT tools, tell me such as
Could you possibly tell me your Skype ID for easier communication? Can you send your CV?

Looking forward to hearing from you ASAP.

Thanks

Regards, Soad Qeshta | Project Manager

Does anyone know who this Soad Qeshta is or a such Mr.Amal ???

Davide Zambianchi
Belgium
Local time: 08:28
English to French
+ ...
Update on this company Mar 24

Hi guys,

I am glad I found this thread to help me make my mind about a job offer I just received from that company.

I got approached on Facebook through one of these remote work pages and I just got suspicious when the person asked for my email straight away when I was just asking for more information about the job before accepting.

The email looked legit and well written. I didn't open the attachments, deleted the email and blocked the address.

Here is the email address used: dania@24translate.net

I thought you might want to add it to the other addresses already reported even though I guess they can create as many as they want.

Regards,
Davide

Junhui Park  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:28
Member (2005)
English to Korean
+ ...
24translate is a scam May 4

Reliable Words is a scam. 24translate.net is a scam too. This is a company in Palestine, they contacted us to translate Korean to English for $1,400 and paid only $400, and haven't paid for a year now. verakahar@gmail.com, reliablewords1@gmail.com, and hedaiatareq@24translate.com were involved. These companies go around getting free translation and they think that is the way to be successful. Then they change company name, too. Don't translate for them.

Sofia Gutkin  Identity Verified
Australia
Member (2012)
Russian to English
+ ...
They're still trying to scam new translators Oct 6

Just got this email (it appears identical to the one MichaelFreelanc posted in March 2018):

Hello,
I am Soad Qeshta, a project manager, at 24translate Company.
I am seeking for translators at this moment who can provide a good quality of translation or proofreading service for a long term collaboration.
Could you possibly tell me your Skype ID for easier communication?
Can you send your CV?
Thanks.
Regards,
Soad Qeshta | Project Manager

SCAM ALERT! The email address they used was onlinetranslator24@gmail.com. Obviously, a serious translation company would NOT be using a Gmail account.

Oleg Lozinskiy  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 10:28
Member (2012)
English to Russian
+ ...
Same thing in my case Oct 6

Hello,
I am Soad Qeshta, a project manager, at 24translate Company.
I am seeking for translators at this moment who can provide a good quality of translation or proofreading service for a long term collaboration.
Could you possibly tell me your Skype ID for easier communication?
Can you send your CV?
Thanks.
Regards,
Soad Qeshta | Project Manager

Contact info of the 24translate Germany GmbH & Co. KG
Straßenbahnring 19 a, 20251 Hamburg
Tel.: +49 (0)40 480 632-0
Fax: +49 (0) 40 480 632-20
E-mail: service@24translate.de
Web: www.24translate.de
https://www.24translate.de/en/contact/

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Alejandro Cavalitto[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

24Translate.net. Reliable company?

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search