Another YouTube video | How to track an IP address from an email - avoid scams!
Thread poster: Triston Goodwin

Triston Goodwin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:54
Spanish to English
+ ...
Dec 1, 2014

Hi!

I have another video up, this one shows how to find the IP of the person (or robot) that sends you an email using. The idea is to help identify potential scams and protect your time and money.

I show how to find this information using a few different email clients in order to demonstrate the concept.

The last part of the video is just a couple of my experiences with a scam artist, and someone that I thought was a scam artist.

If you like these videos, don't forget to subscribe to my channel so you can receive a notification every time I upload a new video, which I'm trying to do about once a week.

Saludos!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TkcS8obih8

Direct link Reply with quote

Usch Pilz
Local time: 23:54
English to German
+ ...
Kudos Dec 1, 2014

Kudos to you, Triston!
Here he goes again!

Matthew Rubush
United States
Local time: 17:54
Italian to English
+ ...
thanks! Dec 1, 2014

I tried this out, and it works. Awesome!

Max Deryagin  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 02:54
Member (2013)
English to Russian

You could elaborate on some of your videos and make them into webinars, really. Would be a good idea.

Triston Goodwin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:54
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Happy to help! Dec 2, 2014

I'm glad to hear that these videos are helpful. It's my new hobby and something that I really enjoy doing.

I have considered doing a webinar, or even writing an ebook, but I have no idea where to start. I like the idea of making a little money off of these (YouTube's has promised an unbelievable $1.41 thanks to ad revenue), but I need to look into it further.

The next video is going to be a follow up of a previous video where I installed some analytics programs into the free website I built, and did some light SEO. I suppose after that I could go more into how social media can help bring traffic to the site, and jobs to your schedules. That has been how I'm receiving most of my work these days.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Alejandro Cavalitto[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Another YouTube video | How to track an IP address from an email - avoid scams!

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search