Advance Payment scam "Val Ruud"/Conflict Management/Healthcare Entrepreneurship,Marketing
Thread poster: Julian Cadena
Julian Cadena
Julian Cadena
United States
Local time: 14:25
Spanish to English
+ ...
Nov 1, 2017

"Do you work on translation services for language pairing "English" to "Spanish" ??
Thanks

Val Ruud
295 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10017 USA

I have attached 2 documents in this email for your perusal and I would like for you to write back giving me a sum total figure of what each document will cost to translate respectively.
{A} Conflict Management with {10,700} words = $ ????
{B} Healthcare Entrepreneurship,Marketing Plans and
... See more
"Do you work on translation services for language pairing "English" to "Spanish" ??
Thanks

Val Ruud
295 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10017 USA

I have attached 2 documents in this email for your perusal and I would like for you to write back giving me a sum total figure of what each document will cost to translate respectively.
{A} Conflict Management with {10,700} words = $ ????
{B} Healthcare Entrepreneurship,Marketing Plans and CSR with {22,200} words = $ ????
We have a flexible deadline for on or before the 15th December 2017 for the submission of all translation works.
Thanks"

Beware this scam.
Collapse

Robert Forstag
Robert Forstag  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
It is not just one thing... Nov 1, 2017

The combination of bad English, vagueness, indifference to translator qualifications, and apparent willingness to pay a high fee are, all together, a dead giveaway that a scam is involved.

The probability that such an offer is genuine is near zero.

[Edited at 2017-11-02 10:27 GMT]

Josefina Brunicelli
Josefina Brunicelli
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
I got that email today.... Nov 1, 2017

Does anyone know who Val Ruud is? Has anyone been cheated by this person? I got that identical email today....

Josefina Brunicelli
Josefina Brunicelli
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
What could someone be looking for? Nov 1, 2017

What would a scammer be looking for but offering a large upfront payment as this person has done? I just can’t figure it out...please illuminate me!!

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 19:25
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
To everyone who wants the answer to this and other questions Nov 2, 2017

jbruni wrote:
What would a scammer be looking for but offering a large upfront payment as this person has done? I just can’t figure it out...please illuminate me!!

Please visit the Scam Centre here on ProZ.com: https://www.proz.com/about/translator-scam-alerts

Everyone needs to be informed about the 101 scams there are out there. And as new ones are being added every day, sign up (on that page) to be notified of new scammers and scams.

Kevin Fulton
Kevin Fulton  Identity Verified
United States
German to English
Overpayment/bad check scam Nov 2, 2017

jbruni wrote:

Sheila is right, please check the scam center. You will be amazed at the variety of ways people can be cheated.

Josefina Brunicelli
Josefina Brunicelli
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thanks Nov 2, 2017

Thanks everyone. This is very useful!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advance Payment scam "Val Ruud"/Conflict Management/Healthcare Entrepreneurship,Marketing

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »