WORDFAST FORWARD 2019

WHAT IS IT? Join users, developers, trainers, staff, and tech support for Wordfast’s 5th annual user conference. The program will feature three days of Wordfast training and workshops, other software integration sessions, keynote speeches, one-to-one meetings with experts, and more. The evenings will be spent networking and celebrating Wordfast’s 20-year anniversary. WHEN AND WHERE IS IT? The 2019 edition of Wordfast Forward will take place in Sainte-Luce, Martinique on March 21-23, 2019.

Click for Full Participation

Scam: Rohan Singh, pretending to work for Lionbridge
Thread poster: Daniela Urso

Daniela Urso  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 20:00
Member (2018)
English to Italian
+ ...
Mar 15

Hello,

Just wanted to tell everyone not to accept projects from Rohan Singh who pretends to work for Lionbridge. His e-mail is rohansingh15081947@gmail.com.

He sent me a Dropbox link with the job proposal and contract in it.
He does not work for Lionbridge.

Daniela Urso
EN/ES>IT Translator

[Edited at 2019-03-15 13:23 GMT]

Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Two more names Mar 15

Gunther Neuhaus and Steven Smith. They are also using the Dropbox scam (see my Dutch poster on this forum page).

Thayenga  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
Too obvious Mar 15

Asking for money for software in order to get a project, is too obvious to be anything but a scam. That is, aside from the fact that he claims to be working with Lionbridge. Lionbridge does have a real company email address, so why use gmail?

Thank you for posting the warning, Daniela.

Maja_K

Thanks! Mar 18

Thanks for reporting this! You should indeed ignore any email that doesn't come from the Lionbridge.com or SuccessFactors.com domains.
You should in particular not respond to anyone called Steve Calvin, who is also impersonating Lionbridge these days.
You can report suspicious emails to !WALprojspoofing-notice@lionbridge.com (I review them all personally).

Jean-Patrick

Daniela Urso  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2018)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Mar 18

Thanks!
I have already reported this issue to Lionbridge.

Lionbridge wrote:

Thanks for reporting this! You should indeed ignore any email that doesn't come from the Lionbridge.com or SuccessFactors.com domains.
You should in particular not respond to anyone called Steve Calvin, who is also impersonating Lionbridge these days.
You can report suspicious emails to !WALprojspoofing-notice@lionbridge.com (I review them all personally).

Jean-Patrick

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Alejandro Cavalitto[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Scam: Rohan Singh, pretending to work for Lionbridge

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search