NEW SCAM ARIANA PHARMA
Thread poster: Clara Nino

Clara Nino
Canada
Local time: 02:41
Spanish to English
+ ...
Sep 9

I just received trhe following email (e-mail address: recruitment@ariana-pharmaceuticals.company.com via g001.emailsrvr.com):

Hello Clara,

After a quick review of your profile on Association of Translators and Interpreters of Ontario,

I write to present ARIANA PHARMACEUTICAL Translator/Interpreter job (full-time/part-time) Position;
Arian
... See more
I just received trhe following email (e-mail address: recruitment@ariana-pharmaceuticals.company.com via g001.emailsrvr.com):

Hello Clara,

After a quick review of your profile on Association of Translators and Interpreters of Ontario,

I write to present ARIANA PHARMACEUTICAL Translator/Interpreter job (full-time/part-time) Position;
Ariana Pharma is a premium provider of advanced, clinical and biomarker data analytics technology. Ariana’s unique technology exhaustively mines data, increasing the success of both clinical trials and multi-parametric diagnostic tools. Our team of biostatisticians, software developers, clinical experts and business developers works hard to save sponsors both time and money.

Hence; we’re in search of individuals, company irrespective of the current business type for a Translator/Interpreter Position.

Responsibilities:
- Read given material and research industry-specific terminology
- Convert text and audio recordings from one language to one or more others
- Ensure translated content conveys original meaning and tone
- Prepare subtitles for videos and online presentations
- Cross-reference specialized dictionaries and translation tools to check quality of translation
- Proofread translated texts for grammar, spelling and punctuation accuracy
- Follow up with internal team members and clients to ensure translation meets their needs
- Edit content with an eye toward maintaining its original format (e.g. font and structure)
- Network with field experts to stay current on new translation tools and practices

Requirements
- Proven work experience as a Translator, Interpreter or similar role
- Excellent proofreading skills with the ability to identify grammar, spelling and punctuation errors
- Good knowledge of content editing tools
- Familiarity with translation software
- Time-management skills
- Additional certification in Linguistics is a plus
Job Type: Part-Time Full-Time
Hourly Rate: $40/Hour-$50/Hour
Training Rate: $18/Hour-$20/Hour
Per Word: $0.10-0.30

If interested, follow the steps below to schedule your interview session:
Send the below information and Resume to: Mrs Veronique Chabernaud
(hrarianacordinator@gmail.com)
Name:
Name of Company (Current employer):
Position Held:
Postal Address:
Cell Number:
Do you have experience as an illustrator?
Interview Scheduled : Mondays - Fridays
Venue: On line Via Google Hangouts
Time : 9:00 AM-5:00 PM CST
Training is Available.
Your verification code is (GDI/AP2019-6054). This would serve as your identification number throughout the on-line hiring process. This is an online work from home and working hours are flexible.
Your swift and timely response matters a lot as this is an immediate hire position... We look forward to having you on the team.

Sincerely yours,
Director Human Resources
Department of the Employee Representative
Council of Ariana pharmaceutical.
https://global.arianapharmaceutical.com
© 2019 Global Ariana pharmaceutical

Note the change from a "corporate email address" to a gmail one.

The text is almost identical to the one I received last month claiming to be from Penguin Random House.

I just thought to let you all know, this is a new attempt to scam us translators!

Cheers,

Clara
Collapse

Yolanda Broad
Raquel Flores

Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 07:41
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
I'm really surprised they've targeted you - they must be slipping Sep 9

Normally, these scams are directed at people who are clearly newbies and so extremely vulnerable. You don't seem to match that profile -- by a long way.

Do you have experience as an illustrator?

Oops! A bit of a giveaway

Clara Nino

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Alejandro Cavalitto[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

NEW SCAM ARIANA PHARMA

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search