Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
If they offer $95.50/hr, it must be great!
Thread poster: Liviu-Lee Roth
Liviu-Lee Roth
Liviu-Lee Roth
United States
Local time: 07:35
Romanian to English
+ ...
Sep 7, 2020

Dear Prospective Employee,

After a quick review of your profile on the Austin Area Translators And Interpreters Association (AATIA), I write to present the STADA Job offer. We are looking for qualified new colleagues to shape the future of STADA. Alongside interesting work in diverse areas. If you enjoy working in a highly motivated team and possess skills as well as experience to enhance STADA and business, this position is for you. Our flexible working environment had helped us bu
... See more

After a quick review of your profile on the Austin Area Translators And Interpreters Association (AATIA), I write to present the STADA Job offer. We are looking for qualified new colleagues to shape the future of STADA. Alongside interesting work in diverse areas. If you enjoy working in a highly motivated team and possess skills as well as experience to enhance STADA and business, this position is for you. Our flexible working environment had helped us build a dynamic and inclusive workplace that operates on trust and respect and allows you to live the life you want to live. We’re in search of individuals, companies irrespective of the current business type for an Interpreting job position.

COMPANY: STADA.
Job Name: Interpreter/Translator
Job Type: Part-Time, Full-Time (Freelancer).
Hourly Rate: $95.50/Hour
Training Rate: $75/Hour.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:

* Provide correct, clear, and concise translations. (Wow!)
* Provide translations that are formatted in a way that they can be matched up to the original documentation that was submitted. (That is something new to me!)
* Provide legible word counts for all translated documents. (This must be difficult!)

If interested, follow the steps below to schedule your interview session:
You've been assigned to Dr. Alison Foster (HR representative) of STADA, she would be conducting an online interview with you.
Please indicate your interest in an interview by contacting Dr. Alison ([email protected]) on google hangout (https://hangouts.google.com/) and instant message her with her screen name to proceed with the job interview process.

Interview Scheduled: Mondays - Fridays
Venue: Online Via google hangout
Time : 8:00 AM-6:00 PM EST
Training is available.

Your verification code is (STADA/TRN/INT-20117032). This would serve as your identification number throughout the online hiring process. This is an online work from home and working hours are flexible.

Your swift and timely response matters a lot as this is an immediate hire position... We look forward to having you on the team.

Yours Sincerely,
Simone Berger,
Executive Vice President
Global Human Resources
Collapse

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 11:35
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Pharmaceutical companies Sep 8, 2020

I wonder why these scammers have a strong preference for pharmaceutical companies. Except for the company name, this email is very similar to the ones posted in the forum here https://www.proz.com/forum/scams/337531-is_this_a_scam.html

Liviu-Lee Roth
Yolanda Broad
yrtranslation
Patrícia Backes

mariangelita
mariangelita  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:35
English to Spanish
Received a scam email Oct 1, 2020

I received a job offer email last week, and actually believed it was legit until I researched on this forum.
I contacted the supposed interviewer and was supposed to have an interview with him via the Telegram app. He was late and I rescheduled because I could not chat at that time. Thank goodness, because that gave me the opportunity to do some research and realize that I was being tricked. This is the email:

The information below i
... See more
I received a job offer email last week, and actually believed it was legit until I researched on this forum.
I contacted the supposed interviewer and was supposed to have an interview with him via the Telegram app. He was late and I rescheduled because I could not chat at that time. Thank goodness, because that gave me the opportunity to do some research and realize that I was being tricked. This is the email:

The information below is a briefing about our company; the job and instructions to assist you to get aboard our work team. If truly you’re interested; read further and follow the instructions as stated below, IF NOT please ignore this message.

After a quick review of your profile on (Metroplex Interpreters & Translators Association-MITA), I write to present the STADA GROUP Job offer. We are seeking talented professional individuals to work as Freelance Translators on an as-needed basis for our Medical, Business, Legal, and Governmental clients. As a Freelance Translator with our agency you can accept and deny assignments based on your schedule, set your own rates and terms, and work for other agencies.

This job would be a great fit for you if you want to:

* Continue to utilize your language skills
* Refine your translation skills
* Earn an extra income
* Be a voice for your community!

COMPANY: STADA GROUP.
Job Name: INTERPRETATION/TRANSLATION
Hourly Rate: $75/Hour
Training Rate: $35/Hour.

This job requires you to be:

* Fully fluent in English and another language
* Have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or ATA or similar certification
* At least 18 years old
* Authorized to work in the US
* Previous experience in translating documents in both directions
* Must have strong organizational skills and attention to detail
* Must have prior experience with Plunet, MemoQ, Smartcat, or similar software

If you are looking to continue building your professional experience in translation this Freelance role is for you!

To proceed with an interview, kindly follow the instructions stated below.

You've been assigned to James Franklin (HR representative) of STADA GROUP, He would be conducting an online interview with you.

Please indicate your interest in an interview by contacting Mr. James Franklin on telegram using this link (https://t.me/stada_jamesfranklin) and instant message him with his screen name to proceed with the job interview process.

Venue: Online Via Telegram
Training is available.

Your verification code is (STADA_TRAN695). This would serve as your identification number throughout the online hiring process. This is an online work from home and working hours are flexible.

Your swift and timely response matters a lot as this is an immediate hire position... We look forward to having you on the team.

Yours Sincerely,
Simone Berger,
Executive Vice President
Global Human Resources
Collapse

Marquis
Marquis
United States
Local time: 06:35
English to Polish
+ ...
Got the same offer Oct 7, 2020

Yeah. I knew it was a scam. For sure

Carina Balbo
Carina Balbo
United Kingdom
English
+ ...
Thank God!! Oct 27, 2020

I've actually JUST had the interview... via Google Chat! Do you want to know the result? "after much deliberation we've decided to give you a chance to show your commitment, charisma, diligence and be a productive employee. You've just been confirmed for the position. Congratulations Carina!" Yey!! I got the job!!!

Thank God I found this thread on the forum! Something wasn't right ... and I had to do some research before giving them my details! 🙏🙏🙏🙏

I decide
... See more
I've actually JUST had the interview... via Google Chat! Do you want to know the result? "after much deliberation we've decided to give you a chance to show your commitment, charisma, diligence and be a productive employee. You've just been confirmed for the position. Congratulations Carina!" Yey!! I got the job!!!

Thank God I found this thread on the forum! Something wasn't right ... and I had to do some research before giving them my details! 🙏🙏🙏🙏

I decided to "play their game" and this morning I noticed they sent me their contract. It's as dodgy as the original email! Pasted below.

I called them in Germany and the poor lady who answered the phone was not very proficient in English, so she couldn't say much, but I did email them at the email shown on the "contract" to see the degree of veracity of all this, and/or, if the company really exists, alert them that their name is being used for scams. So far no answer... I'll keep you posted.

STADA Arzneimittel AG,
Stadastraße 2-18, +1 (470) 284-0282
61118 Bad Vilbel. [email protected]
EMPLOYMENT OFFER
As a global and constantly growing health care group, we dedicated ourselves to people’s health and wellbeing. We know that our committed and qualified employees make a key contribution to STADA’s success... Sequel to your previous interview and due considerations, we are pleased to avail you a provisional offer of employment as an Employee of STADA. You will undergo required training/mentorship program on all software and application platforms required...
Your employment will commence as soon as possible.
1. Position: Your initial title will be (STADA EMPLOYEE).
While you render services to the Company, you can still be engaged in any other employment, consulting or other business activity that wouldn't create any conflict of interest with the Company. By signing this letter of agreement, you confirm to the Company that you have no contractual commitments or other legal obligations that would prohibit you from performing your duties for the Company. Working hours are flexible (weekends included) as long as you meet up with the stipulated deadlines for each assignment.
2. Cash Compensation. The Company will pay you a starting salary at the rate of $95.50 Salary per hour and $75.00 per hour during training, payable in accordance with the Company's standard payroll schedule.
3. STADA Employee Benefits: As an employee of the Company, you will be eligible to participate in a number of Company-sponsored benefits. In addition, you will be entitled to paid vacation in accordance with the Company's vacation policy, as in effect from time to time.
4. STADA Employment Relationship: Employment with the Company is for no specific period of time. Your employment with the Company will be "at will," meaning that either you or the Company may
terminate your employment at any time and for any reason, with or without cause. Any contrary representations that may have been made to you are superseded by this letter of agreement. This is the full and complete agreement between you and the Company on this term. Although your job duties, title, compensation and benefits, as well as the Company's personnel policies and procedures, may change from time to time, the "at will" nature of your employment may only be changed in an express written agreement signed by you and a duly authorized officer of the Company (other than you).
5. Interpretation, Amendment and Enforcement: This letter of agreement is the complete agreement between you and the Company, contain all of the terms of your employment with the Company and supersede any prior agreements, representations or understandings (whether written, oral or implied) between you and the Company. This letter of agreement may not be amended or modified, except by an express written agreement signed by both you and a duly authorized officer of the Company.
We’re always looking for people to join our organization who have demonstrated a commitment to detail and excellence. We hope that you will accept our offer to join the Company. You may indicate your agreement with these terms and accept this offer by signing and dating the agreement letter and returning them to the company. As required by law, your employment with the Company is contingent upon your providing legal proof of any of your identity ID card e.g. driver licenses.
We would like to take this opportunity to welcome you to STADA and wish you a long and rewarding career with us.
Sincerely yours,
Simone Berger
Sales & Business Development Manager
I, ____________________________accept the terms and conditions of this contract.
Signature __________________________ Date ____________________ © Copyright STADA Arzneimittel AG 2020

[Edited at 2020-10-28 09:55 GMT]
Collapse

Roberto Alberdi
Roberto Alberdi  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:35
English to Spanish
I feel stupid Oct 28, 2020

I even sent them the signed employment letter and a copy of my ID. I have warned my bank about any fishy money movements. I hope this won't go any further and get me into trouble...

Good night everybody,

Róber

[Edited at 2020-10-29 21:59 GMT]

Graciela Carlyle
Graciela Carlyle  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Spanish
+ ...
Similar email sent to SPAM folder Nov 5, 2020

I received a similar email, suspiciously sent from a Gmail account (a serious company would have their own domain).
Searched on Google for "Scada translation company", no results.
Checked http://www.paymentpractices.net/, no results.
Flagged email as SPAM.

I'm sure I must be missing some good opportunities, but do some research and don't send details to anyone without effe
... See more
I received a similar email, suspiciously sent from a Gmail account (a serious company would have their own domain).
Searched on Google for "Scada translation company", no results.
Checked http://www.paymentpractices.net/, no results.
Flagged email as SPAM.

I'm sure I must be missing some good opportunities, but do some research and don't send details to anyone without effectively verifying.
You cannot be too careful nowadays.
Collapse

yrtranslation
Patrícia Backes

freezone (X)
freezone (X)
United Arab Emirates
possibly a scam Nov 5, 2020

I have never heard such an offer unless the job requires that much.

Francy Perez
Francy Perez
Canada
English to Spanish
+ ...
GUYS, THESE PEOPLE ARE GETTING MORE SOPHISTICATED BY THE MINUTE Nov 11, 2020

Check this out!!

After a quick review of your profile on The Association Of Translators And Interpreters Of Ontario (ATIO), I write to present the STADA Job offer. We are looking for qualified new colleagues to shape the future of STADA. Alongside interesting work in diverse areas. If you enjoy working in a highly motivated team and possess skills as well as experience to enhance STADA and business, this position is for you. Ou
... See more
Check this out!!

After a quick review of your profile on The Association Of Translators And Interpreters Of Ontario (ATIO), I write to present the STADA Job offer. We are looking for qualified new colleagues to shape the future of STADA. Alongside interesting work in diverse areas. If you enjoy working in a highly motivated team and possess skills as well as experience to enhance STADA and business, this position is for you. Our flexible working environment had helped us build a dynamic and inclusive workplace that operates on trust and respect and allows you to live the life you want to live. We’re in search of individuals, companies irrespective of the current business type for an Interpreting job position.

COMPANY: STADA.
Job Name: Interpreter/Translator
Hourly Rate: $95.50/Hour
Training Rate: $75/Hour.

Principal Duties and Responsibilities:

* Exercise initiative within the team and promote a positive work environment.

* Interpreters communication between the staff or faculty and the non- speaking population.

* Provide legible word counts for all translated documents.

* Good working knowledge of written English. Communicate in written English with Clients, faculty, administrators, staff and the public.

* Communicates between the Program and the non-English speaking community to maintain reciprocity between the Program and stakeholder groups.

If interested, follow the steps below to schedule your interview session:

You've been assigned to Dr. Chang Wang(HR representative) of STADA, he would be conducting an online interview with you.

Please indicate your interest in an interview by contacting Dr. Chang Wang on telegram using this link (https://t.me/Chang_wang) or gmail ([email protected]) and instant message him with his screen name to proceed with the job interview process.

Venue: Online Via Telegram
Training is available.

Your verification code is (STADA/TRN/INT-20111991). This would serve as your identification number throughout the online hiring process. This is an online work from home and working hours are flexible.

Yours Sincerely,
Simone Berger,
Executive Vice President
Global Human Resources

It is the exact MO. Please don't let them full you. They almost got me, but when I ran the background check, I found out that they were scammers.
Collapse

Liviu-Lee Roth
Patrícia Backes

Shizuka Otake
Shizuka Otake
United States
Japanese to English
+ ...
Some warning signs Nov 16, 2020

It's not always easy to spot, but I start getting suspicious when there's no mention of the languages that are involved.

Liviu-Lee Roth
yrtranslation

Dan Lucas
Dan Lucas  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2014)
Japanese to English
How sophisticated can it be... Nov 16, 2020

Francy Perez wrote:
or gmail ([email protected])

...if they're still using a gmail address? No company of any size uses gmail addresses like this.
These people rely on you not paying attention and not thinking carefully.
It's not hard to spot a scam email.

Dan

Liviu-Lee Roth
Marina Taffetani
Stepan Konev
Patrícia Backes
Fatine Echenique

Adieu
Adieu  Identity Verified
Ukrainian to English
+ ...
Hmmm... I used to charge $100/hr on RUS>ENG interpreting Jan 11, 2021

...15 years ago and in Russia, though. Different times, I guess? Or expat surcharge?

I'd treat the Doctor H.R. Manager and the general Nigerian Scam Grand Prose and Vigorous Capitalisation style as the real flags here.

Liviu-Lee Roth

Liviu-Lee Roth
Liviu-Lee Roth
United States
Local time: 07:35
Romanian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
it is not what we charge/charged Jan 12, 2021

Adieu wrote:

...15 years ago and in Russia, though. Different times, I guess? Or expat surcharge?

I'd treat the Doctor H.R. Manager and the general Nigerian Scam Grand Prose and Vigorous Capitalisation style as the real flags here.

It is not about how much some of us charge for certain jobs, it is about the average rate. Keep in mind it is not for a single job, but your salary ($191,000/year). Nobody offers you off the bat $95.50/hr without asking about your qualifications.

The Nigerian scam, the 11,000/44 pages overpayment scam are well known and much easier to spot.

Stay safe,
Lee

Fatine Echenique

Adel Tawakul
Adel Tawakul
Canada
Local time: 04:35
English to Arabic
+ ...
Same email was sent to me this morning Mar 1, 2021

A quick Google search led me to your thread:).

3089491 (X)
3089491 (X)  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 12:35
Sophistication Mar 2, 2021

Indeed, the methods are increasingly smart. It's the data, not always professionally protected by the service providers, it's the new tools, it's the human nature.

Keep your ego in check, and you will easily spot the relevant elements.

How do you keep your ego in check?, one might ask. There are basically two options:

1. church;

2. therapy.

The special ones always exist, no doubt about that, but therapy really deserves a chance.... See more
Indeed, the methods are increasingly smart. It's the data, not always professionally protected by the service providers, it's the new tools, it's the human nature.

Keep your ego in check, and you will easily spot the relevant elements.

How do you keep your ego in check?, one might ask. There are basically two options:

1. church;

2. therapy.

The special ones always exist, no doubt about that, but therapy really deserves a chance.

If I may share a link:

https://www.getselfhelp.co.uk/ (Covid included)
Collapse

Liviu-Lee Roth
Cristiana Coblis

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

If they offer $95.50/hr, it must be great!

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »