Thread poster: Dahsom Hamilton, Ph.D.

Dahsom Hamilton, Ph.D.  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:18
Member (2006)
English to Korean
+ ...
Nov 20

I was just alerted by one of my clients that someone sent them an email soliciting as me. They forwarded me the email below. It came from dr.micihelle.hamilton@gmail.com.

This person used all of my specs -- degree, court certification etc. with a fake email. Can someone advise me what I need to do about it? This is the second time this has happened to me and it appears that the person obtained my info from Pr
... See more
I was just alerted by one of my clients that someone sent them an email soliciting as me. They forwarded me the email below. It came from dr.micihelle.hamilton@gmail.com.

This person used all of my specs -- degree, court certification etc. with a fake email. Can someone advise me what I need to do about it? This is the second time this has happened to me and it appears that the person obtained my info from Proz.

Below is the scam email my client forwarded to me.

---------------------

Hello!

My name is Michelle Hamilton. I am a native Korean translator with perfect command of both Korean and English.

I am a licensed and court certified interpreter.

I hold a Ph.D. in Communications from the University of Texas at Austin.

I have been working as a translator for about 15 years.

My specialty areas are medical/pharmaceutical, legal and technology fields.

I guarantee the quality of my work 100% for accuracy.

Please contact me at any time via email dr.micihelle.hamilton@gmail.com

I look forward to hearing from you!

Sincerely,

D. Michelle Hamilton, Ph.D.
Licensed & Certified Korean translator/interpreter
Collapse

Jean Dimitriadis  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Sorry to hear that Nov 21

For starters, I would hide the CV/resume from my profile. You can set visibility only to outsourcers.

Maria Toresani
Yolanda Broad
Teresa Borges

Tina Vonhof
Canada
Local time: 23:18
Member (2006)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Alert clients Nov 21

I agree with Jean: limit the visibility of your resume or make it 'available on request'. If possible, insert a watermark or other mark of authenticity. In addition, alert all your clients, so they are aware of the situation. Be careful where you publish your information, including the forums.

Yolanda Broad
Teresa Borges

Liviu-Lee Roth
United States
Local time: 01:18
Romanian to English
+ ...
there is a real Dr.Michelle Hamilton - biologist Nov 22

the e-mail you presented states michihelle (not michelle) hamilton.

Contact all your clients and let them know about the similar but not identical e-mail address.

Stay safe,
lee

Yolanda Broad

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Alejandro Cavalitto[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Someone is impersonating as me!

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search