https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_passolo/285628-glossary_in_passolo_translator_2015.html

Glossary in Passolo Translator 2015
Thread poster: marek tesina
marek tesina
marek tesina  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 18:24
English to Czech
+ ...
May 9, 2015

Hello, recently I have been asked to work on a project with the use of the free sowtware Passolo Translator 2015. I have worked with similar programs before, but now I have encountered a problem I can't find soution to. In the text is a lot (and I mean a hundreds) of similar segments that differ only in a number, e.g. Output 1, Output 2 etc. Trados and basicaly every other CAT tool has no problem with such texts and inserting them automatically. Not so in Passolo. And I have been trying to do it... See more
Hello, recently I have been asked to work on a project with the use of the free sowtware Passolo Translator 2015. I have worked with similar programs before, but now I have encountered a problem I can't find soution to. In the text is a lot (and I mean a hundreds) of similar segments that differ only in a number, e.g. Output 1, Output 2 etc. Trados and basicaly every other CAT tool has no problem with such texts and inserting them automatically. Not so in Passolo. And I have been trying to do it via glossary, but I can't figure out how. The Help is not much helpful to me, or I can see the right solution.
Can anyone help me with this and point me in a right direction?
Thank you
Marek
Collapse

Platary (X)
Platary (X)
German to French
+ ...
Consult the following help page May 9, 2015

http://producthelp.sdl.com/SDL_Passolo_2015/en/Passolo_Handbook.htm#html/Start/start_translate.htm

... and the Help in general. I'm sure you will find the expected solution.

With regards

marek tesina
marek tesina  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I've seen it May 9, 2015

and I was trying to find what I need there, otherwise I wouldn't be trying to find a help here. But either there is no such thing in Passolo or I don't know where to look for it. And that is precisely why I posted here. To find someone with the knowledge of Passolo, who will be able to share his/her wisdom with me (and not just me).

Platary (X)
Platary (X)
German to French
+ ...
Some more help May 10, 2015

You have in the Help the following item :

Options for the translation of replicate strings

In the Tools menu click on the Options command and then select Replicates to specify the options for the translation of replicates. By default, the translation of replicates is switched off.

From your post I thought it was what you needed. If not, sorry. Cannot explain better than Passolo itself...

Have a nice day

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Myron Netchypor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Glossary in Passolo Translator 2015

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »