Thread poster: Hiromasa Funaki
Hiromasa Funaki
Hiromasa Funaki  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 15:18
English to Japanese
+ ...
Mar 19, 2008

I have upgraded TRADOS from 6.5 to 2007 SP2, but cannot access to the activation server. Error code 50018 is shown.

I registered TRADOS' installation and activation help, but no response from them except the automated confirmation. Almost a week passed from the registration, but SDL Japan cannot officially offer the time schedule of troubleshooting due to higher priority of paid support contract and shortage of technical stuffs.

I decided to cancel the order and would l
... See more
I have upgraded TRADOS from 6.5 to 2007 SP2, but cannot access to the activation server. Error code 50018 is shown.

I registered TRADOS' installation and activation help, but no response from them except the automated confirmation. Almost a week passed from the registration, but SDL Japan cannot officially offer the time schedule of troubleshooting due to higher priority of paid support contract and shortage of technical stuffs.

I decided to cancel the order and would like to re-order if a remedy for this trouble is established and sufficient stuff can be alocated to the installation help.

Would you please inform me of your case if you have experienced similar situations? Are there many similar cases around the world? Might a license file be provided from SDL to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance,

[Edited at 2008-03-19 07:55]

[Edited at 2008-03-19 07:56]

[Edited at 2008-03-19 08:05]
Collapse

Hiromasa Funaki
Japan
English to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No solution Mar 27, 2008

I have canceled the previous order but buy a new license through TGB.
Of course the trouble, activation failure, persists.

I found a similar case on Internet as follows:

http://groups.google.co.jp/group/sci.lang.translation/browse_thread/thread/2cc6411c3318460b

If the massage shown in the website is tr
... See more
I have canceled the previous order but buy a new license through TGB.
Of course the trouble, activation failure, persists.

I found a similar case on Internet as follows:

http://groups.google.co.jp/group/sci.lang.translation/browse_thread/thread/2cc6411c3318460b

If the massage shown in the website is true, it is easy to solve this problem.

I am waiting for the answer from SDL.
Collapse

Hiromasa Funaki
Japan
English to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No solution Mar 27, 2008

If the information on Internet is true, it means that SDL could not solve the trouble, therefore they provided a license file to the customer.

I am afraid that SDL have no practical solution for the trouble.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Activation Error & SDL's Support

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »