Better way to produce XU matches?
Thread poster: Sebastijan Pilko
Sebastijan Pilko  Identity Verified
Slovenia
Local time: 23:32
English to Slovenian
+ ...
Mar 19, 2008

Hello!

Let's say you have 300+ Xml files to translate and a big TM to work with.

These Xml files have a lot of 100% matches which are not paid and therefore translators do not check them.

How can I pretranslate all Xml files and lock 100% matches for viewing. If 100% are not locked, fuzzy takes a lot of time because the files are quite big.

I am aware of Context TM/PerftectMatch component but this is not suitable for my problem?

I have tried to edit ttx files and changing 100 to 101 but in Tageditor this seems without any effect.

Any solutions are much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Sebastijan


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Johnny Speiermann
Denmark
Local time: 23:32
English to Danish
+ ...
Excellent idea Mar 19, 2008

Hi Sebastijan,

I'll try to look into this, but I don't have project at hand that contains TTX files with context matches. If you have a file that already contains context matches you can send it to me, and I'll have a go at a solution.

Cheers,
Johnny


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 23:32
English to Czech
+ ...
Tools > Translate Mar 19, 2008

Hi, try using the Tools > Translate command from the TW menu.

Direct link Reply with quote
 
Sebastijan Pilko  Identity Verified
Slovenia
Local time: 23:32
English to Slovenian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
You are right, but not quite what I am looking for... Mar 19, 2008

Stanislav Pokorny wrote:

Hi, try using the Tools > Translate command from the TW menu.


Hi Stanislav!

Your solution is a basic Translate command which only "inserts" 100% (or lower) matches n appropriate segments. You can still open/edit these segments.

What I need is a "ContextTM/PerfectMatch" solution but not old ttx file --> new ttx file. I need this for 300+ files and based on the TM.

Kind regards,
Sebastijan


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Johnny Speiermann
Denmark
Local time: 23:32
English to Danish
+ ...
Not 101 match Mar 19, 2008

Hi again Sebastijan,

I think I found the solution you are looking for.

When copying a TTX file from TagEditor to Word it is pasted as a 101% match. So I expected it to work as you described.

But instead the tags look like this:

Normal 100% match: .
Context Match: .

Don't ask me why Word copies 101, but the solution must be to autotranslate the files, and then replace with .

I hae to add a tool for this to my tool box.

Cheers,
Johnny


Direct link Reply with quote
 
Sebastijan Pilko  Identity Verified
Slovenia
Local time: 23:32
English to Slovenian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hmm, I'm not sure I understand.. Mar 19, 2008

word gallery wrote:

Hi again Sebastijan,

I think I found the solution you are looking for.

When copying a TTX file from TagEditor to Word it is pasted as a 101% match. So I expected it to work as you described.

But instead the tags look like this:

Normal 100% match: .
Context Match: .

Don't ask me why Word copies 101, but the solution must be to autotranslate the files, and then replace with .

I hae to add a tool for this to my tool box.

Cheers,
Johnny


I don't understand the "." part.

So i translate all the xml files (I get ttx) and then I edit them in an editor and then do what?

Don't forget.. I have a lot of files.

Kind regards,
Sebastijan


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Johnny Speiermann
Denmark
Local time: 23:32
English to Danish
+ ...
Missing tags Mar 20, 2008

PICOW wrote:
I don't understand the "." part.

So i translate all the xml files (I get ttx) and then I edit them in an editor and then do what?

Don't forget.. I have a lot of files.

Kind regards,
Sebastijan


My mistake. Forgot that tags are not shown.

You should replace

Origin="manual" MatchPercent="100"

with

Origin="xtranslate" MatchPercent="100"

You should be able to use a tool like Search and Replace (shareware) to implement the changes in all files in one go. But make sure to work on copies until you are sure you get the right result.

So the process is the following:

1. Autotranslate 100 % matches in all files. (result is TTX files)
2. Use Search and Replace to replace the 'Origin="manual"' to 'Origin="xtranslate"'.

Hope this makes more sense.

Cheers,
Johnny


Direct link Reply with quote
 
Sebastijan Pilko  Identity Verified
Slovenia
Local time: 23:32
English to Slovenian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Excellent!! Mar 20, 2008

word gallery wrote:

PICOW wrote:
I don't understand the "." part.

So i translate all the xml files (I get ttx) and then I edit them in an editor and then do what?

Don't forget.. I have a lot of files.

Kind regards,
Sebastijan


My mistake. Forgot that tags are not shown.

You should replace

Origin="manual" MatchPercent="100"

with

Origin="xtranslate" MatchPercent="100"

You should be able to use a tool like Search and Replace (shareware) to implement the changes in all files in one go. But make sure to work on copies until you are sure you get the right result.

So the process is the following:

1. Autotranslate 100 % matches in all files. (result is TTX files)
2. Use Search and Replace to replace the 'Origin="manual"' to 'Origin="xtranslate"'.

Hope this makes more sense.

Cheers,
Johnny


Hi Johnny!

It works! Thank you.

Problem solved!

I think I will use UltraEdit to replace in all files.

Kind regards,
Sebastijan


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Better way to produce XU matches?

Advanced search







SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search