Eloïse Notet-Gilet
France
Local time: 22:42
Member (2005)
German to French
+ ...
Mar 19, 2008

Hello!

I want to begin with a translation for which I need both workbench and Multiterm.

I mention that I work with the version 7.0 and I verified both versions (workbench + multiterm, that are 7.1 etc. for the first one and 7.5 etc. for the second one..)

I imported the .mdb I received from the client, creating then a new termbase name etc.
Then, I tried to create the connexion between workbenck and Multiterm through the term recognition option.. but
... See more
Hello!

I want to begin with a translation for which I need both workbench and Multiterm.

I mention that I work with the version 7.0 and I verified both versions (workbench + multiterm, that are 7.1 etc. for the first one and 7.5 etc. for the second one..)

I imported the .mdb I received from the client, creating then a new termbase name etc.
Then, I tried to create the connexion between workbenck and Multiterm through the term recognition option.. but it doesn't work. The multiterm version indicated is here the 5! I do no know why. An when I browse, I do not know how to find the project I imported...

I cannot change from the version 5 to version 7 (unspecified error..) and I do not know how to solve the problem!!

Thanks a lot for eventual suggestions

Have a good evening!

Eloïse
Collapse

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Reregister Mar 19, 2008

Try running the "selfregister_multiterm_desktop.bat" file and reregister MultiTerm. I don't know if this helps but it may.

Eloïse Notet-Gilet
Eloïse Notet-Gilet
France
Member (2005)
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
where.. Mar 19, 2008

can I find this file??..

Thanks for your help!

Eloïse

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
In the Mar 20, 2008

...installation folder of MultiTerm. The exact file name is #_SelfRegister_Desktop.bat.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm - Workbench - connection problem

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »