Thread poster: _TILLI
_TILLI
_TILLI
Local time: 18:14
English to Russian
+ ...
Mar 20, 2008

Hallo everybody,

I cam across a weird problem, when in TagEditor I opened a bilingual RTF document (that I translated in Word with Trados) and a corresponding TM in the Workbench- and it says that kanguages do not match so TM is disabled. What can I do about it?

Thank you

Angeliki Papadopoulou
Angeliki Papadopoulou  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 19:14
English to Greek
+ ...
How can you open a bilingual file Mar 20, 2008

from Word into TagEditor? I don't think this is possible!

In any case you should check what kind of English you have set. Even a difference from EN UK to EN US creates such a problem.

_TILLI
_TILLI
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
where is the menu for languages in TagEditor. Mar 20, 2008

Dear Angeliki,
Where is that menu in which I can check/change the languages in the TagEditor? I know how to do this in Workbench, but not in the editor! thats the point. By the way, judging by the View source/View target tabs at the bottom of the screen, it is English to English. But how to change?

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
To circumnavigate the problem... Mar 20, 2008

...when in TagEditor I opened a bilingual RTF document (that I translated in Word with Trados) ...

... pretranslate the source RTF, using the existing TM (making sure "TRADOStag XML work flow for Workbench RTF files" check box in Tools is activated).

I would dare to say that both TWB and TagEditor are simply confused - same as me, because I would never think, TagEditor would accept it. What is a bilingual RTF to Word is namely the source RTF plus the (half-finished or complete) TTX file to TagEditor. There's no bilingual RTFs in TagEditor.

The pretranslation as suggested above would keep the source RTF intact and create the (bilingual) TTX file.

[Edited at 2008-03-20 21:44]

EMI.zhang
EMI.zhang
China
Local time: 00:14
English to Chinese
i agree with this, tageditor does't support RTF documents Mar 21, 2008

Vito Smolej wrote:

...when in TagEditor I opened a bilingual RTF document (that I translated in Word with Trados) ...

... pretranslate the source RTF, using the existing TM (making sure "TRADOStag XML work flow for Workbench RTF files" check box in Tools is activated).

I would dare to say that both TWB and TagEditor are simply confused - same as me, because I would never think, TagEditor would accept it. What is a bilingual RTF to Word is namely the source RTF plus the (half-finished or complete) TTX file to TagEditor. There's no bilingual RTFs in TagEditor.

The pretranslation as suggested above would keep the source RTF intact and create the (bilingual) TTX file.

[Edited at 2008-03-20 21:44]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Languages of the document (TagEditor) do not match the TM in the Workbench

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »