Thread poster: igosch
Emma Hradecka (X)
Emma Hradecka (X)  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 21:37
English to Czech
+ ...
Problem prevails Jun 10, 2008

Thanks a lot for both of your replies. I actually found the file by its new name and ran it. I even got the "successful" message. But when I try to activate Term Recognition in TW and change MultiTerm5 to Multiterm7 I still can't and get the (-2147467259) Unspecified error. I tried to change the SL and TL (in MT 5, of course, as it doesn't let me change to MT 7).

What is interesting that I tried to activate Term Recognition on my notebook that I almost don't use and it works perfect
... See more
Thanks a lot for both of your replies. I actually found the file by its new name and ran it. I even got the "successful" message. But when I try to activate Term Recognition in TW and change MultiTerm5 to Multiterm7 I still can't and get the (-2147467259) Unspecified error. I tried to change the SL and TL (in MT 5, of course, as it doesn't let me change to MT 7).

What is interesting that I tried to activate Term Recognition on my notebook that I almost don't use and it works perfectly OK. I don't understand. The only thing I can think of is that I haven't upgraded neither Trados nor Multiterm with SP 2 and SP 1, so I still have the first Trados 2007 Freelance and Multiterm 2007 version there. Another thing is that I don't have many other problems on my notebook and I read in some of the discussions that the "Unspecified Error" isn't necessarily Trados specific, that it's about interaction of programs in general (if I got it right).

I really do appreciate your advice. Currently, I have quite a lot of work to do but I definitely plan to resolve the problem, even though I can use my notebook with Term Recognition. So any further advice will be very much appreciated. Emma
Collapse

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Problem fixed deleting MultiTerm7dot.xml file Apr 9, 2009

Stanislav Pokorny wrote:
To resolve this issue, simply delete the MultiTerm7dot.xml from the folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\[UserName]\Application Data\Trados\MultiTerm (if using Windows XP)

or

C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Trados\MultiTerm (if using Windows Vista)

Replace [UserName] with the name under which you are currently logged on to Microsoft Windows.

Indeed this solved my problem. Thanks a million!!

igosch
igosch
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
My problem is solved Apr 10, 2009

Hi Stanislav,
I can only join in with what Tomàs just wrote: It worked like magic, I hardly believed it. I had given up a long time ago because it is still possible to use Multiterm in a roundabout way.
Thank you so much!
Ingrid Gosch

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Connection Problem SDL Trados 2007 - Multiterm 7.5

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »