Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Error 80005 when trying to open Excel file in Tageditor
Thread poster: torb
torb  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 11:20
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Mar 27, 2008

Tageditor ver. 8.2.0.835
MS Office 2003 / MS Office 2007
MS Windows XP

When trying to open a Excel file in Tageditor, I receive the following error:

"(80005): Connection with server application error:
Unable to cast COM object of type 'Trados.Interop.Excel.Applicationclass' to interface 'Trados.Interop.Excel_Application'. This operation failed because the Queryinterface call on the COM component for the interface with ID '{000208D5-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}' failed due to the following error: Det oppstod en feil under innlasting av typebibliotek/-DLL. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80029C4A (TYPE_E_CANTLOADLIBRARY))."

The Norwegian part of the message says: "There was an error loading type library/-DLL."

I have deleted MS Office 2007 and installed MS Office 2003 without help, and I have reinstalled Trados 2007, with the same result.

Any clues?

[Edited at 2008-03-27 10:06]


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 11:20
English to Swedish
+ ...
More details?! Mar 27, 2008

Tor Borthen wrote:

Tageditor ver. 8.2.0.835
MS Office 2003 / MS Office 2007
MS Windows XP

When trying to open a Excel file in Tageditor, I receive the following error:

"(80005): Connection with server application error:
Unable to cast COM object of type 'Trados.Interop.Excel.Applicationclass' to interface 'Trados.Interop.Excel_Application'. This operation failed because the Queryinterface call on the COM component for the interface with II '{000208D5-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}' failed due to the following error: Det oppstod en feil under innlasting av typebibliotek/-DLL. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80029C4A (TYPE_E_CANTLOADLIBRARY))."

The Norwegian part of the message says: "There was an error loading type library/-DLL."

I have deleted MS Office 2007 and installed MS Office 2003 without help, and I have reinstalled Trados 2007, with the same result.

Any clues?


Does this happen to one particular file, or all Excel files? Irrespectively of whether it was created in 2007 or 2003?
Was it created on your computer, or received from a client?


Direct link Reply with quote
 
torb  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 11:20
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
More information Mar 27, 2008

I does seem to happen for all Excel files. It also happens for different TMs. It has worked up to now, and from one day to another it stopped, for no apparent reason... I can't open my old project files anymore. It does seem to be a COM problem, but I'm not sure where I should start to be able solve it.

[Edited at 2008-03-27 10:05]


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 11:20
English to Czech
+ ...
Filters? Mar 27, 2008

Hi Tor,
what about the filters? Have you moved them manually around your harddrive?


Direct link Reply with quote
 
torb  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 11:20
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Filters? Mar 27, 2008

Stanislav Pokorny wrote:

Hi Tor,
what about the filters? Have you moved them manually around your harddrive?


Hm, sorry to sound stupid, but what filters? I sure haven't moved them...


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 11:20
English to Czech
+ ...
XML Mar 27, 2008

Hi Tor,
these are usually XML files that enable TagEditor open Word, Power Point, Excel, as well as other file formats.
You may have deleted some of them by mistake.


Direct link Reply with quote
 
Albert Golub  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:20
English to French
SEE MAYBE Mar 27, 2008

http://www.proz.com/topic/95215

Direct link Reply with quote
 
torb  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 11:20
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Same error number, but... Mar 27, 2008

Albert Golub wrote:

http://www.proz.com/topic/95215


Same error number, but different error (and error message).

Tracking changes is turned off, though.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Antoní­n Otáhal
Local time: 11:20
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
.net? Mar 27, 2008

Long time ago, I had similar problems which only disappeared after I reinstalled .net

HTH

Antonin


Direct link Reply with quote
 
torb  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 11:20
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
.net Mar 28, 2008

Antoní­n Otáhal wrote:

Long time ago, I had similar problems which only disappeared after I reinstalled .net

HTH

Antonin


I did reinstall .net, but it didn't work any better... but I installed the latest version, not the one bundled with Trados... maybe I have to install an older version...


Direct link Reply with quote
 

arterm  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 13:20
Member (2002)
English to Russian
install MS OFFICE 2007 back and it will work Sep 6, 2008

Tor Borthen wrote:



I have deleted MS Office 2007 and installed MS Office 2003 without help, and I have reinstalled Trados 2007, with the same result.

Any clues?

[Edited at 2008-03-27 10:06]


The key to this error is you UNINSTALLED MS Office 2007
I had the same problem.
Installed MS Office 2007 back and everything works!
Two offices are better than no TagEditor!


Direct link Reply with quote
 

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:20
English
Try this... Sep 8, 2008

Hello,

We have an article within the SDL knowledge base which should fix this issue. Please read the following article and follow the instructions provided:

http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=1731&p=1

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell
SDL Support Team


Direct link Reply with quote
 
peter shaw
Local time: 11:20
French to English
Just Lost Three Days work thanks to Trados Apr 21, 2009

Hello everyone,

Just to share my experience of using this so-called productivity tool. I've been working on 17 different Excel files using both Vista /MS 2007 and XP Office 2003.

Initially Trados couldn't process the files under Vista (despite my having purchased the most recent version of Trados) so I switched over to my XP machine and processed the translations there.

After spending (wasting) more time using Trados that I would had I proceeded using cut and paste in Excel, I finally completed the "project".

When it came to finalising the project in Trados, I get the "Connection with server application error".

I've tried going back to TagEditor and saving the files using the "Save Target as" option only to experience the same result.

Thanks to this ultra-productive tool I now have to restart the process manually, or use the "Preview" command which gives me a partial output of the material I've translated.

From here on in, I've decided I'm no longer going to accept any work that involves Trados. I shall be uninstalling this software in coming days and I shall never use it again.

In my opinion. This software is not only clunky, unresponsive and bug-ridden but it is a positve bane for our industry.


Direct link Reply with quote
 
torb  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 11:20
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Save as earlier version before translating Apr 21, 2009

peter shaw wrote:

Hello everyone,

Just to share my experience of using this so-called productivity tool. I've been working on 17 different Excel files using both Vista /MS 2007 and XP Office 2003.

Initially Trados couldn't process the files under Vista (despite my having purchased the most recent version of Trados) so I switched over to my XP machine and processed the translations there.

After spending (wasting) more time using Trados that I would had I proceeded using cut and paste in Excel, I finally completed the "project".

When it came to finalising the project in Trados, I get the "Connection with server application error".

I've tried going back to TagEditor and saving the files using the "Save Target as" option only to experience the same result.

Thanks to this ultra-productive tool I now have to restart the process manually, or use the "Preview" command which gives me a partial output of the material I've translated.

From here on in, I've decided I'm no longer going to accept any work that involves Trados. I shall be uninstalling this software in coming days and I shall never use it again.

In my opinion. This software is not only clunky, unresponsive and bug-ridden but it is a positve bane for our industry.



Not sure if this will help, but you could try to save the Excel files as .xls before opening them in Trados... if you have opened and translated .xlsx files, the translation should be in your TM and you will be able to translate the new file, and save in the old format... it has helped me sometimes when I am unable to save the target file.

Have to agree with your opinion about the software, though


Direct link Reply with quote
 

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:20
English
Try this... Apr 21, 2009

Hello Peter,

I'm sorry to hear about your problems. These errors usually occur when the there is a problem with reading the original file. We have an article within the SDL knowledge base which may fix this issue. Please read the instructions provided to see if they help:

http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=1478&p=1

Also, when saving a bilingual Excel file (*.xls.ttx) as a target language Excel file, you need to have the original Excel file. This original Excel file must be in the same folder as the *.ttx file, as this is needed for referencing when the bilingual file is saved back to Excel.

Please find the original Excel file and copy it into the same directory as the bilingual *.ttx file, then retry the “Save Target as” step in TagEditor.

If this doesn’t help please try to open the original file in TagEditor and translate it again with your TM that you used previously using the "Translate to Fuzzy" function in TagEditor. When the translation is finished please try the "Save Target as..." option again.

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell
SDL Support Team


Direct link Reply with quote
 
Pages in topic:   [1 2] >


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error 80005 when trying to open Excel file in Tageditor

Advanced search







PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search