Trados 2006: WorkBench is looking for previous TM for no reason?
Thread poster: Atso Puronen
Atso Puronen
Local time: 17:12
English to Finnish
Mar 27, 2008

Hi all,

I had to re-create one of my client's TM and I renamed it from BlahBlah to BlahBlah_EN-FI.
Now I am trying to translate another client's files with another TM (HaHa_EN-FI) but WorkBench complains it cannot find the BlahBlah TM.

If I rename the BlahBlah_EN-FI back to BlahBlah, I'm able to use Open/Get without problems but I don't have the guts to start translating. If I now rename the TM back, Workbench complains again it cannot find the previous TM.

Why is WorkBench looking for the previous TM?

NOTE:
I had SDL Trados 2006 and 2007 installed simultaneously on my computer for a while but had many issues with them. I uninstalled 2007 and repair-installed 2006 and everything seems to be ok so maybe this issue is not related. Or is it?

Thanks in advance,
Atso Puronen

Direct link Reply with quote

Atso Puronen
Local time: 17:12
English to Finnish
TOPIC STARTER
SOLVED Mar 27, 2008

Hi again,

As soon as I posted, I found the culprit:

I had BlahBlah TM set as Concordance TM in settings!

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 16:12
English to Czech
+ ...
Default feature Mar 27, 2008

Hi Atso, this is a default feature of TWB, but I think it can be swiched off somewhere. Just look around the menus a bit.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2006: WorkBench is looking for previous TM for no reason?

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search