https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/101053-cant_open_tageditor_in_sdlx_trados_2007_sp2.html

Can't open TagEditor in SDLX Trados 2007 SP2
Thread poster: Irene Cot
Irene Cot
Irene Cot  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 18:04
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 1, 2008

Hello,

It's the first time I need TagEditor since i've upgraded my SDLX 2006 into SDLX 2007 SP2, and it closes after doubble-clicking on it. Tageditor window does not open, it only gives an error.

The error message is:
AppName: tageditor.exe AppVer: 8.2.0.835 ModName: tradospluginmgr.dll
ModVer: 8.2.0.835 Offset: 00001c38

Does anyone know how to fix it?

Irene

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Tageditor window does not open Apr 3, 2008

Hello Irene,

Please try running the following file:

Go to Start -> All Programs -> SDL International -> SDL Trados 2007 -> Trados and run "Register SDL Trados 2007".

This is required whenever you switch from using SDL Trados 2006 to 2007.

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell

Nordtext
Nordtext
Latvia
Local time: 19:04
Member (2007)
Danish to German
+ ...
TagEditor doesn't open as welll May 7, 2008

Hi support team,

We have the same problem!

We receive just this:

AppName: tagedi~1.exe AppVer: 8.2.0.835 ModName: tradospluginmgr.dll

We tried to do it as it is written here, but unfortunatly did not help!!!

Please help us!

Kind regards,
Arturs

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Have you installed all Java and .NET Framework components as required? May 7, 2008

Did you explicitly install .NET Framework 2.0 WITHOUT the service pack 1?
If you have had .NET Framework already installed prior to Trados installation, very probably the installer has noticed that and did not install the version required.
I would just go to the folder where you unzipped the installation files for SDL Trados and Multiterm and install all Java & .NET Framework prerequisites manually by double clicking the corresponding installers. Then try to register the software as
... See more
Did you explicitly install .NET Framework 2.0 WITHOUT the service pack 1?
If you have had .NET Framework already installed prior to Trados installation, very probably the installer has noticed that and did not install the version required.
I would just go to the folder where you unzipped the installation files for SDL Trados and Multiterm and install all Java & .NET Framework prerequisites manually by double clicking the corresponding installers. Then try to register the software as described here. This might help.

BR
Jerzy
Collapse

Nordtext
Nordtext
Latvia
Member (2007)
Danish to German
+ ...

Hello Jerzy,

Thank you. I will try to do it!

kIND REGARDS,
aRTURS

Nordtext
Nordtext
Latvia
Member (2007)
Danish to German
+ ...

Hello Jerzy again,

I've tried to install JAVA, Framework 2 then I've registered TRADOS 7, but unfortunatly during this registration (go to Start -> All Programs -> SDL International -> SDL Trados 2007 -> Trados and run "Register SDL Trados 2007) I've already received the same error report :

Afterwards I tried to open this TagEditor, no success.
... See more
Hello Jerzy again,

I've tried to install JAVA, Framework 2 then I've registered TRADOS 7, but unfortunatly during this registration (go to Start -> All Programs -> SDL International -> SDL Trados 2007 -> Trados and run "Register SDL Trados 2007) I've already received the same error report :

Afterwards I tried to open this TagEditor, no success.

As we have discovered that this problem occurs only not for all TagEditor TTX files, but only for some special.

Generally we did many attempts to solve this problem as reinstalling Trados, as repairing Trados, as swiching off Antivirus etc, but it still doesn't possible open some TagEditor TTX files.

Because on other computer we can open all TagEditor files and that second computer is identical with first one.

Thank you for your help in advance!

Kind regards,
Arturs
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Sorry, but I dont know the answer May 7, 2008

There must be a difference between both PCs.
Some add-ons (Google toolbar for example) or other differences. Service pack for Windows, Office components and God knows what.

Recently I had a problem with my PC and have had to reinstall it completly. And it works now... I understand this is not a very good idea, but sometimes only radical cuts help.

Grzegorz Gryc
Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
Install first a precedent SDLT 2007 build... May 7, 2008

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

There must be a difference between both PCs.
Some add-ons (Google toolbar for example) or other differences. Service pack for Windows, Office components

IMHO, in fact, it's almost impossible now to force the "correct" configuration even if you perform a "clean" install (without Google Toolbar etc., only MS updates).

and God knows what.

I love this "God knows what"

Please, note, the SDLT 2007 SP2 + MT 2007 SP1 is a very messy, incoherent combination and it results often in erratic, unusable installations.
Try to install first the initial SDLT 2007 + MT 2007 versions (start with MT), then patch (start with SDLT, then MT).

Recently I had a problem with my PC and have had to reinstall it completly. And it works now... I understand this is not a very good idea, but sometimes only radical cuts help.

Recently, I reinstalled 5 (five) times in one of my machines without success.
So, I don't think it's a 100% solution but a "clean" install may help.

BTW.
I think it's the time to start to deploy SDL Trados using disk images of correct, tested installations (Windows/Office/SDL Trados/etc.), because the standard SDL installation routines work in a random way.
E.g. see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/302577

Cheers
GG

[Edited at 2008-05-07 20:01]

Jerzy Czopik
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
My experience with SDL installation is completly different May 7, 2008

After I tried to install the SP2 patch over an existing SP1 installation of SDL Trados 2007 I was not satisfied with the result.
So I deinstalled SP1 and also MT, removed the corresponding entries in the registry and than installed both SDL Trados and Multiterm.
Now after having reinstalled my PC completly (clean install of Windows XP SP2 on a RAID0 array, using the "fast formatting" option during install) I also installed only the SDL Trados 2007 SP2 (8.2.0.835 - build 835) and Mult
... See more
After I tried to install the SP2 patch over an existing SP1 installation of SDL Trados 2007 I was not satisfied with the result.
So I deinstalled SP1 and also MT, removed the corresponding entries in the registry and than installed both SDL Trados and Multiterm.
Now after having reinstalled my PC completly (clean install of Windows XP SP2 on a RAID0 array, using the "fast formatting" option during install) I also installed only the SDL Trados 2007 SP2 (8.2.0.835 - build 835) and Multiterm 2007 SP1 (7.5.0.444 - build 448) and everything seems to work fine.
However, I was already warned by some problems with the previous installations, so I kept a very strict installation sequence.
First Windows XP SP2, than all system drivers, than MS Office, than MS service packs, than Multiterm, than SDL Trados and after that Acrobat and other software. The Google toolbar was the last thing I installed. My impression is, that the latest version have some glitches, which do mess in Internet Explorer...
Collapse

Grzegorz Gryc
Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
An awful .Net handling in SDLT... May 8, 2008

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

However, I was already warned by some problems with the previous installations, so I kept a very strict installation sequence.
First Windows XP SP2, than all system drivers, than MS Office, than MS service packs, than Multiterm, than SDL Trados and after that Acrobat and other software. [/quote]
I follow the same schema with one major difference.
Before SDLT, I install (restart...) and patch .Net Framework 1.0 (restart...), then I install (restart...) and patch .Net Framework 1.1 (restart...).
Both installations are provided with SDL Passolo 2007, the updates come from MS (Microsoft Update).

If I install first .Net Framework 2, then the earlier vesions, in some obscure circumstancies the earlier .Net versions may be patched incorrectly or can't be patched at all (especially .Net 1.0 SP3 hotfixes may cause problems).
So I respect the "natural" sequence in order to provide a working environment for SDL Passolo.

It seems the SDLT programmers are systematically unable to handle correctly several .Net versions and different .Net service packs levels.
E.g., as you said in another post in this thread, the .Net Framework 2 should be patched after SDLT is installed.

The most funny error I ever spotted is related to the Synergy 2007 (initial build), the installation stops when the .Net 3 is installed, the error message is something like ".Net Framework 2 or higher is required"

The Google toolbar was the last thing I installed. My impression is, that the latest version have some glitches, which do mess in Internet Explorer...

I don't use the Google toolbar.

Cheers
GG

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't open TagEditor in SDLX Trados 2007 SP2

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »