Windows XP SP2 + MS Office 2007 + SDL Trados 2007 SP2
Thread poster: Tamara Zahran
Tamara Zahran
Tamara Zahran  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:08
English to Arabic
Apr 1, 2008

Dear All,

I have Windows XP and SDL Trados 2007, both SP2, with MS Office 2003, and I would like to upgrade my Office to 2007. I have tried the combination when Office 2007 was launched and using Word 2007 with Trados was a headache, very slow.

I am wondering if this problem has been solved now. If any of you have tried this combination please let me know.

Thank you all in advance.
Tamara

Morten Rindsig
Morten Rindsig  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 21:08
English to Danish
+ ...
I have no problems Apr 1, 2008

Hi Tamara,

I use the exact combination of XP SP2, SDL Trados 2007 SP2 and Office 2007 and haven't got any problems at all so far!

/Morten

Tamara Zahran
Tamara Zahran  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:08
English to Arabic
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Apr 1, 2008

Morten Rindsig wrote:

Hi Tamara,

I use the exact combination of XP SP2, SDL Trados 2007 SP2 and Office 2007 and haven't got any problems at all so far!

/Morten

Thank you Morten. That's good to hear.

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Known issues with Office 2007 and SDL Trados 2007 Apr 3, 2008

Hello,

There has been confirmed Office 2007 slow down issue when using SDL Trados 2007. However, the SDL Trados 2007 SP2 release has cleared a lot of these issues up.

So please make sure that you have the latest updates for SDL Trados 2007 and you should not run in to any compatibility issues.

I hope provides some reassurance.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell
SDL Support

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Enough RAM Apr 5, 2008

Hi Tamara,
before upgrading to Office 2007, make sure your computer has enough RAM (at least 1 GB is recommended).
But if I may, I suggest that you use Office 2003, as Office 2007 is a headache itself and introduces little improvement to everyday user.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Windows XP SP2 + MS Office 2007 + SDL Trados 2007 SP2

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »