Zeynep YESIN YALCIN  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 22:23
Member (2008)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Apr 5, 2008

Dear Forum members,

I need urgent help. As you can see from the forum posts, for two days time I have in trouble with Trados and Word. I am using Trados 2006 Freelance and XP together with Word 2003. However due to some Trados problems (you can see my other forum topic named "Previous request not yet finished"), now I am experiencing a new problem with Word.

All field files in my word documents are seen in raw field format and I can not see my table of contents, list of tables, list of figures etc. Instead of them I see some formatted texts in bracketts such as:

TOC \o "1-3" \h \z \u List of Figures

but no any list. The above format is between brackets.

How can I fix this? How can I see my fields on my document again? It seems that Trados makes something to my fields and I can not fix them and see the actual texts. How can I cancel these formats on my word file? By the way, not only on this file but also on other word documents all fields seem like this.

Urgent reply is highly appreciated.

Regards

Zeynep

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-04-05 22:51]

Direct link Reply with quote

Anna Sylvia Villegas Carvallo
Mexico
Local time: 14:23
English to Spanish
This article should solve your problem Apr 6, 2008

http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/TOCTips.htm

tectranslate ITS GmbH
Local time: 21:23
German
+ ...
Shortcut Apr 7, 2008

In short, just select the contents of the entire document (Ctrl+A), then press F9 to update all fields.
If they still don't show their results, press Alt+F9 to toggle from code display to results display.

HTH,
Benjamin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

FIELDS Error in Trados 2006 Freelance

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search